“Best Greek atmosphere in the US”
Review of Dametra Cafe

Dametra Cafe
Ranked #3 of 159 Restaurants in Carmel
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
carmel, In
“Best Greek atmosphere in the US”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Delicious food and they even sing while you eat. This place is a gem and well worth the wait (very small dining area).

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Don't bother unless you made a reservation.”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

More of a comment than a review - would like to have eaten here but, we did not make a reservation. The owner was very gracious to his other patrons (obviously locals) But, told us we could be put on a "Stand By" list?!?! WTH? Stand By? Hoping, maybe I can eat dinner at some point? Whatever, we went somewhere else! Hope your local patrons can keep you in business.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good food and lively atmosphere”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Highly recommended. First of all, the service is very good. Even though it was my first time, I was treated as if I was a regular. The food is very good as well: I would stick to the Middle Eastern / Greek food. The humus and the gyros plate were delicious. And not expensive at all. It's a very popular place, so reservations are recommended. Loved the performance (song) by the staff. Maybe two minor comments: wine glasses are huge (with too much wine) and my table cloth was a bit dirty. But I would definitely return.

• Visited April 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We ordered take-out, it was fabulous, the atmosphere of the place is wonderful.

Los Osos, California
“Unusual, superb, affordable”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

There are plenty of seafood and continental-styled restaurants in Carmel. Not many Middle Eastern. So if you are in the mood for something different, don't miss Dametra Cafe right on Ocean Ave. It's tiny and has a wide following. I enjoyed the Chicken Swarma "Sandwich" for lunch. It was something I could not possibly duplicate at home, even though I am a skilled cook. Easily enough food to satisfy two normal appetites. The complimentary French bread is also superb. I will probably visit Dametra every time I'm in Carmel.

• Visited April 2012