5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in great prices from these sites
PricelineUSD 292
Hotels.comUSD 293
Expedia.comUSD 293
FindHotelUSD 293
Orbitz.comUSD 293
eDreamsUSD 292
1,468 results
All reviews self parking hotel restaurant outlet mall heated pool hotel guests legoland kids valet families convenience poolside parents
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 March 2021

First off, I have to stay that I have been a long time supporter of Sheraton hotels--from way back when they were with the original Starwood group. As such, I'm sad to write this review about this property. We stayed at this hotel a few months ago. The hotel has lots of potential--excellent location and the grounds used to be beautiful. The management, starting with the top hotel general manager, are completely anti-social and lack any level of proper customer service skills. They are cold, distant, and just depressing--esp the general manager. They don't know how to engage and make customers feel welcomed. The beds are extremely uncomfortable. The mattresses are the worst quality mattresses I have ever felt. The hotel leaves trash out in the common areas and they don't do frequent trash collection, which causes lots of flies and terrible odors to accumulate in the hallways. The pool "staff" are completely incompetent. We had to wait an extra 45 minutes one time for an attendant to simply show up for work. They charge a completely ridiculous parking fee, even though they are in the middle of nowhere and at the very least self-parking, should be free. Their ice cream shop was completely out of ice cream on two of the days we were there. I have pictures reflecting all these and I will upload them soon. All in all, I am sad to say that we will never be back here--at least not until they make major changes in the management/operation of this property. Oh, and on top of the $400 per night rate and parking, they also charge a resort fee, which essentially includes nothing--esp. during CoVid. Very sad.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere. The mattresses are extremely uncomfortable.
2  Thank IslandMama779
Pamela Mondala, Owner at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

Dear IslandMama779,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and leaving us with your valuable feedback. We are truly sorry to hear that your experience did not meet The Sheraton Carlsbad Experience. This is not the type of experience we wish for our guests. We want to assure you that your feedback is very important to us and will be used as a teachable moment for our team.

We also would like to explain that our $24 parking fee per night includes parking at the property and for our overnight security that patrols the parking lot and property every night to keep the area secure.

Nothing is more important to us than regaining your trust. If you would like to discuss your concerns with us in further detail we welcome you to kindly email us at info@sheratoncarlsbad.com with your number and the best day and time for you and we will follow up then.

We hope to welcome you back so that we can turn this poor experience into a better one for you.

Pamela Mondala
Marketing Coordinator

Reviewed 17 September 2020

Our family stayed at Sheraton Carlsbad for a short getaway during the Labor day weekend and had some negative experiences through out the stay. First of all, the smoke alarm in the next room went off during the night at approximately 1:30 a.m. Had to call the front desk and it took over 15 minutes for them to send someone to find the problem. Sound insulation in the room is horrible. You can basically hear anyone's conversation at the hall way even with the door closed. The swimming pool regulation needs improvement. I stayed at a resort in Palm Spring owned by Marriott last month and the pool usage is 2 hrs limit per family. This gives the staff a chance to fully sanitized the pool area in between and a chance for all the guests to enjoy the pool. However its first come, first served basis with no time limits. Once the pool fills up to the limit, they will take your name down and contact you by text which is usually a few hours later. In our case, over 3 hrs. I did any cleaning at all during my time at the pool. Pool opens at 11 am and line to the pool already start forming at 9am. By approximately 1015 am, if you are not in line, it will be at least a few hrs before they text you for any availability. I feel that hotel management needs to improve the pool rules for the better enjoyment of the guests. Now to the positive side, hotel staff were all friendly and helpful. Lunch at 7 Mile Kitchen was great. I think that once the improvements are made, it will be a better resort.

1  Thank jasonc344
Pamela Mondala, Owner at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2020

Dear jasonc344,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your lunch at 7 Mile Kitchen, but saddened to hear your Labor Day weekend was not as relaxing as it should have been for you. Your feedback is very important to us as this allows for us to improve our services to provide you with a better experience next time. We do hope you’ll give us another opportunity to welcome you back so that we can provide you with the five-star experience that you deserve.

Pamela Mondala, Marketing Coordinator

Reviewed 10 September 2020

On a record breaking day for weather our room's AC was out! Oddly it became a communal thing, as the whole floor did not have any AC. We found a Silverfish bug in our bed and worse, trash out in main entrance was piled in the receptacle and never collected. If you're going to mention the term "capacity" and only have a certain amount of staff, and not give focus to the patrons, at least mind your trash...
There was a lack of organization keeping the amount of people within "capacity" in their pool, and some of their rules really didn't make sense, for ex. you had to purchase a food item w every alcoholic beverage. So buy 5 drinks per one food item, but try their house made BBQ chips w bacon dip. That was the only highlight of our stay and really the reason for the second star.

1  Thank 773chi

Dear 778jps,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay with us. We would also like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. In regards to purchasing food with alcohol, due to CoVid-19, San Diego County regulations require that alcoholic beverages must be accompanied with food purchases. We understand how frustrating this must have been for you and again apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a better experience.

Pamela Mondala, Marketing Coordinator

Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

This was our first and last time checking in at this hotel. Since the moment we walked into our room finding left overs in the refrigerator and hairs in the bathroom, to the horrible service at 7 Mile Kitchen and then unfortunately leaving an item behind after checking out with no one helping us retrieve it only transferring to someone else who like them did little to help. Such an unpleasant stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lburgos22
Pamela Mondala, Owner at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2020

Dear Lburgos22,

Thank you for reviewing our property and for bringing these issues to our attention. We’re disappointed to hear about the poor experience you received during your stay with us and at our restaurant. This is not the type of experience we wish for our guests. We set a high standard for the service that we provide and apologize that this was not reflected during your visit. We hope you’ll give us an opportunity to serve you again so that we can turn this poor experience into a positive one.

Pamela Mondala
Marketing Coordinator

Reviewed 25 August 2020 via mobile

Upon checking into the hotel, traveling with my mother who is over 60 with a bad knee and some other family members I expressed to the front desk team the need to be close to the common guest space areas. We could not have been placed further away. We were placed in the last building, in one of the last 2-3 doors away from the end of the very long hall.

When I asked if the room could be moved I was told no and that they could not even accommodate a room type change in order to fulfill the request because they were sold out. Overall it was already off to a bad start. We checked in early and I asked if we waited would they be able to switch the room but they didn't seem to care much of our request to not be far away. My mom ended up having to stay in one of our other rooms with a different family member, we had about 5 rooms total.

When we arrived at our room at the end of the very long hall the keys did not work. I went down to the desk to advise them of this and was not even acknowledged when I walked up. Two of the team members who were talking to each other continued their conversation with me standing there waiting for about 2-3 mins. Seriously?! So I say excuse me, and asked once again anyway we could be moved closer. I was then offered a closer room that would be ready after 5pm, that was right by an elevator and ice machine. I decided you know what I'll just keep the room we are in since mom already moved anyway. I get to the room and the room was very very poorly cleaned. There was small trash and dust particles all over the floor, desk, ottoman and hair in the bathroom sink! It was as if they only made the bed!!

So I go to my aunts room, call down to the desk and advised them. They asked me what's wrong with the room and I had to ask that it be re-cleaned. Then moments later I receive a call from a front office staff member saying this room is not dirty and that they went to check it personally. I took pictures. I was so uncomfortable that I decided to check out and move to another hotel but nothing was available so we stayed. Luckily because of the pandemic I was traveling with Lysol and bathroom wipes, so I cleaned everything myself.
I even told them I would downgrade from my king to a double due to the inconvenience but they were very Unaccommodating.

Once I decided to stay I went to sit by the fire pits waiting to get into the pool that had a list due to the reduced occupancy. How is the hotel booking at 100% and sold out but limiting visitors at the pool or not opening their sister pool to accommodate their guest? As I was sitting I was swarmed by bees coming from the water fall, I could not even enjoy the courtyard.

The lifeguard at the pool as well as the housemen were extremely friendly and approachable. ( this is why I did not give one star).

The next day we went to get breakfast but had to stop eating to get in what was forming as a line for the pool at 9am when the pool opened at 11! Unreal! As we were walking in the workers asked for each person to take one towel per person. I grabbed a towel for myself and my daughter. I went back to get two more for my mom, and sister who had forgotten to grab theirs when walking in. My other family members who arrived later came in and were told they could not get their own towels because "their friend already grabbed theirs". We are two separate families traveling together and we were made to feel so uncomfortable that we left all together. We just so happened to be the only group of black people at the pool or what seemed like the hotel in general. We definitely felt the different treatment however.

Overall horrible, inconvenient stay, and Terrible service! The hotel is dated and not very clean. Only the lobby seems to be well kept. Needless to stay I would not return! A huge difference in pace from our stay in Palm Springs at a much better and friendlier hotel the week prior!

Date of stay: August 2020