“Our go-to place for birthdays and anniversaries.”
Review of Greek Corner Cafe

Greek Corner Cafe
Ranked #85 of 393 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 26 July 2017

My wife and I eat here at least three times a year - her birthday, mine, and our wedding anniversary. It's not a posh upper class restaurant, just a corner café, but the food is always consistently excellent, authentic Greek cuisine from the same chef who has been cooking it for over 25 years.

They make their own taramaslata, moussaka, hummus, babaganoush, and just about everything else that other restaurants buy in jars, cans and frozen packages.

Serving sizes are extremely generous. Because we like everything, my wife and I will often split the appetizer sampler plate, then a main dish, and end up with enough to take home and do lunch another day..

I recommend the Shish Kabob (as long as you are fond of lamb - theirs really tastes like lamb!), the souvlaki or the spanakopita, but if it's your first time, go for the sampler plate, and make notes on what you prefer for a later revisit.

I've seen some comments about the prices being high, but with a dozen main dishes under $20, you'd have to be using MacDonalds as your point of comparison!

Service is probably their weakest suit. Nothing wrong with the service, but it's a bit sloppy and haphazard, and the waiters could do with some lessons on smiling. But this is a very busy restaurant, which they operate with only 2 waiters and one bus-boy, so the staff are having to work extremely hard to keep up. A bigger staff would help, but then up go the prices. You pay your money and you take your choice.

Oddly enough, it seems to be a popular place for late lunches, so they are often busier from 2 to 3 than from 12 to 2. Go figure!

Oh. By the way. They have another store in Carmel Mountain that we found disappointing. Nothing to put your finger on, but it just didn't do it for us. YMMV

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 27 June 2017

My wife and I just threw a 60th birthday party for 30 people. We had eaten at the Greek Corner Café in Carlsbad, CA numerous times over the last 20+ years. For the first time, tough, we had them cater our event. It was the best decision we could have made. Everyone commented on the quality of the food. It tasted delicious. Eze, the owner, went out of his way to make everything just right. He was very courteous, easy to work with and delivered on time. The next time we have another party, we will have them cater our affair again.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Once again we visited the Greek Café. My favorite is the Greek salad with chicken. This is served along with little triangles of pita bread with tzatziki sauce. Deliscious! It's Not a very fancy place, more of a hole in the wall but the service is outstanding, servers are very friendly and knowledgeable and the food is amazing. Check out their daily specials . I noticed a lot of people coming in for take out but don't be concerned with any delay in getting your order. I am always surprised at how fast we receive our meal. I recommend getting a gyro in pita sandwich for the road. It's huge! Put it in the fridge for jthe next day, What a treat! Try the vegetable kebab or chicken kebab in pita sandwich or the appetizer plate you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 5 April 2017

One of my all time favorites! Love the menu and the staff is so friendly, down to earth and helpful. Everything I've tried has been excellent in flavor and quantity. My favorites are Appetizers: Sampler and babaganoosh (sp?), Entrees: anything with the chicken; Gyros platter and Mousakka (sp?). My family and best friend love the lamb (which I haven't tried yet). Go! you won't be disappointed!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2017

I did not have high expectation, but I was pleasantly surprised to get great Greek food in this location
The waitress was nice and very helpful.
The food arrived fast and it was delicious, Highly recommended.
Will return when in the area

Date of visit: March 2017

Been to Greek Corner Cafe? Share your experiences!