“What a great experiance”

West Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
West Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 372 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cannon/Avenida Encinias
Description: West Steak & Seafood is an intimate and distinctive fine dining restaurant located in the coastal community of Carlsbad, CA. Our creative culinary team is renowned for offering the highest quality of prime steaks, chops and seafood prepared to your taste. Dedicated to an authentic farm-to-table ethos, Executive Chef David Abella harvests fresh ingredients daily from the restaurant's own farm, The West Farm. Toast the sealing of a deal or simply celebrate when only the finest quality and service will do.
Reviewed 23 December 2017

We went here for dinner. First impression is the appearance. Remarkable. It is spotless and looks amazing. Everything is perfect. The glasses and silverware are spotless. The restaurant is beautiful.

Then the food. I ordered the NY Steak with creamed corn and mashed potatoes. Rare. It was great. I loved it. Very nice selection of steaks. It will compete with any steakhouse out there for sure. I can't wait to go back.

I don't have anything negative to say about this place and for me that is unusual.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Great Happy Hour! Good prices and food. Waite Staff is so accomadating and pleasant. Beautiful apmostphere!

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Anniversary dinner. This was not a budget event, but wow.

Started with a glass of champagne. Wife had a salad and small filet. I had soup, NY strip, and baked potato. We shared a below $100 bottle of wine. Dessert was a nice gift from the restaurant. Total bill $350.

Food was well prepared and service was beyond excellent. This would be a great place if I could get past the price. Others must not have this problem as the place was full.

Highly recommend West if someone else is paying.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Great place for locals who are looking for happy hour, business client meal or visitors looking for a special meal. Great service every time we have gone and nice, interesting specials.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I went to this location with a large group (over 40 people). We were loud and rowdy and the staff was professional and helpful. No wine class went empty. The food was quite good although my steak was not medium rare - more like medium. Therefore, the 4 stars. I didn't eat dessert but heard the creme brulee was fabulous and I was pretty sad I didn't order!

Been to West Steak and Seafood? Share your experiences!