“Great coffee with a few food options”

Leap Coffee Roastery
Ranked #13 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Carlsbad
Price range: USD 2 - USD 9
Description: Let us turn you on to what may become the most delicious cup of coffee you've ever had, right here in Carlsbad. At Leap Coffee and Roastery, we've taken a passionate leap beyond the simple pleasure of a cup of coffee, latte or espresso. Our coffee is pure pleasure in a cup. By sourcing from the finest hand-picked coffee beans on the planet, meticulously roasted daily in small batches in our artisa
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The food was ok, they use fresh bread from the neighbor bakery. The coffee is good. The service was quite slow.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This place is without a doubt the best coffee shop in Carlsbad and they roast their own coffee beans too.Ever since these guys first opened a couple of years ago the focus has been on the best coffee drinks, fresh wholesome food and a chill out space to relax.Rick the barista looked after us today and even let me choose which coffee beans to use for our lattes.I choose the dark roast and our coffees tasted incredible.PJ the owner dropped by for a chat and filled us in on all the latest news.You want a great coffee....come to Leap Coffee!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 10 March 2018

I read about this place in Carlsbad magazine and since my husband really likes coffee, decided to take him there on a rare day off we had together.

We placed an order for a latte and hot chocolate to enjoy there. After some time, we realized it was taking a while because several people who walked in after us, came away with their orders so we started to wonder why we hadn't received our beverages. I went to check on my order and to let them know that we now wanted our order to go. The woman says, "I called your order, it's been sitting right there." The order that was on the counter was a large hot chocolate, in a to-go cup sans whipped cream. I ordered a small hot chocolate with whipped cream, to originally have there (beverages consumed onsite are in ceramic cups.) I'm explaining my order and then she says again, "I called your order, it's there." I had to reiterate why I didn't pick up that order.

She then shows me two different sizes of their small cups and asks which size I want. At this point, I'm confused why she thinks I should have taken the order on the counter, why they have two different small sizes, and why she has no clue what I ordered. She's waving the two sizes of small cups in my face. Finally, I asked the man who took my order what I paid for. I think she just took the large hot chocolate, poured it into the smaller cup, and added whipped cream because it was lukewarm. At this point, my husband comes up to ask where his latte was. Apparently, they had forgotten to make the order. My husband tasted my hot chocolate, and says, "it's not hot." The woman looks over at us and doesn't say anything.

Perhaps having a child behind the counter was possible a distraction for this business on Thursday, March 8 around 9:30 AM.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank SD_EventPlanner
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This is a really beautifully done business - sort of a top end coffee shop. There is a lot of space for people. When I visited there were a few people inside working. I ordered a latte + pastry. I actually received a gift card that had $10 on it, and these two things were about $8 +. I thought that the prices were rather expensive. This shop is a bit out of the way from your every day shopping, but is around a lot of businesses and can imagine they keep this place quite busy throughout the day.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Robonski
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Easy to find on google maps
Excellent coffee shop with good breakfast sandwiches and great Coffee. These folks are as good as anybody in serving Top Tier roasted coffee drinks in San Diego. Not crowded, Lovely staff , calm serene ambiance with a view that is better than most. Coffee beans to go several varieties to choose from ,these people are serious coffee aficionados. Gotta go and Prager brothers bakery is next door, for pickup .
Great spot leap coffee is great!

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Leap Coffee Roastery? Share your experiences!