“Great staff, service, and food”
Review of Pappalecco - CLOSED

Pappalecco
Reviewed 22 December 2017

We love stopping by for a pizza, a good capuccino, or a gelato. My favorite is to stop by on Thursday evenings when they often have a musical act. The place fills up with true Italian Restaurant energy reminiscent of Billy Joel's song.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

The menu is a bit limited and not cheap. The gelato is great and that is what I go here for. The staff tries hard. But, the restaurant experience just didn't cut it.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

This is a very interesting place. The waiters and waitresses were so attentive that I wasn't very used to it at the beginning. They asked your name when you ordered at the counter, spoke with you when delivered the food to you, came around to ask how you liked the food...called you by first name and smiled a lot while doing all that. I could see a lot of the customers were returning customers. It filled the place with happiness. I ordered a Salmon Panini and a cappuccino. While the cappuccino is good, the Panini is so-so. They also had live music when I was there. So I think overall, it is a very good place to go for a bite as it seems to be a happy place.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Pappalecco has now become my local. I love having this great café in Cardiff. Pappalecco’s gelato is excellent – I grew up in Italy so I have high standards! Wonderful fruity flavors, as well as other varieties. The cioccolato fondente is really intense. Just the place for a special treat or a regular indulgence.

We come for dinner: the pizza is Neapolitan - thin crust cooked very fast in the customized pizza oven – and for lunch: grilled panini (which are also customized, the server regrilling mine to ensure the mozzarella had entirely melted). But it’s my favorite locale in the afternoon: I’ve been looking for years for an inviting café in which to linger over afternoon tea. Pappalecco’s is beautifully brewed, in a teapot and accompanied by an extra serving in a large cup. My coffee-drinking other half says the cappuccino is great; the staff followed his desires to the letter. Pappalecco’s pastries are the perfect accompaniment for tea and coffee: not too sugary or creamy, but baked with a lovely light crust.

The location couldn’t be better: around the corner from Cardiff’s beautiful library, the Post Office and the deservedly famed Cardiff Seaside Market. Pappalecco is also a hair’s breadth from Highway 101 and San Elijo State Beach and campsite. Campers will thank their lucky stars for a truly great café for breakfast, lunch and dinner – and don’t forget afternoon tea.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Pappalecco has the best gelato ever I love the one in little Italy but it was so far away until I saw this one it had the richest flavors ever