eDreams
All reviews traditional medicine wellness services body and soul infinity pool wellness centre tea bar extra room rooms are spacious other star hotels understated elegance the entire staff fabulous stay organic food full body massage floor to ceiling windows set menu last stop
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2023

I booked this trip at the very last minute (less than a week before arrival) because I really needed a reset. And boy did I pick the right place! Despite my admittedly reckless scheduling, Anouk was incredibly helpful connecting me with a local travel agency, and they helped arrange my visa and flights in a matter of days. On arrival, the staff was lined up to greet me, and from that point on I felt part of the family. Every need was taken care of, and the staff must have kept good notes because all of my preferences were remembered at every meal. I asked for the fire pit on the deck to be lit one night after sunset, and each time I came to the common room after that evening, it was immediately lit without my asking. I just wish I could have spent more time there... but I rest happy knowing that I most definitely will. And I am excited to bring my spouse and close friends next time.

Room tip: Upgrade to a room on the ground floor - it's worth it! And do wake early for group meditation and yoga. If you don't, you are missing out!
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Anouk Cleven, General Manager at Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2023

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your wonderful review, very much appreciated.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and to see how much you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 14 November 2023

Due to Covid and other medical issues, we waited almost 4 years for our trip to Bhutan. We chose to stay at the Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary, and I have to say, it totally surpassed all our expectations, it was truly magical. The location, the views, the hotel, the food and the staff were all perfect! In addition, the hotel has a strong emphasis on sustainability and is totally plastic free.

From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel so welcome in its world of peace and tranquility.

If you are looking for an unforgettable experience, where nothing is too much trouble for the staff, I would strongly recommend that you stay there for an unforgettably good experience. Without doubt, one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Steve H
Anouk Cleven, General Manager at Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2023

Dear guests,

Thank you for your wonderful review and nice words, they are very much appreciated by us.
We are delighted to hear you had an unforgettable experience.
We strive to make our guests feel welcome and at home, and it is a pleasure to hear when that has truly happened.

We hope to welcome you back some day...

Reviewed 21 October 2023

We had a very relaxing time. Lovely and welcoming staff and delicious food. The spa treatments were excellent and very unique. This is a great place to visit and unwind after sight seeing and/or trekking. I also/has a cookery lesson with Tenzin which was fun. A highly recommended place to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anouk Cleven, General Manager at Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2023

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for your kind words and review of your stay with us, it is very much appreciated.
We hope you can replicate the ema datshi at home, but wonder if it will taste as good...
It was a pleasure to finally welcome you to our Sanctuary.

We hope to welcome you back someday.

Kind greetings, Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary Team

Reviewed 21 October 2023 via mobile

We waited three long years to come to The Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary and it proved to be well worth our journey. Anouk and her team ensure that this is the perfect place to rebalance and restore your mind and body while soaking up all that Bhutan has to offer.

Almost everything is included, lovely organic food and interesting menus. Staff are attuned to anticipate every need. We were impressed by the fabulous spa (heated!) pool and the interesting, very personalised treatments (thank you Dr Dorji).

We can hardly wait to return !

Room tip: We loved our terrace room with a view across to the temple
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank StrawberryHotel

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your nice words, they are very much appreciated.
It was a pleasure to finally welcome you to our Sanctuary, and we are pleased to learn that you experienced that what we strive for: balance and restoration of the body, mind and spirit.
We hope to see you and Jeremy back someday...

Warm greeting, Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary Team

Reviewed 14 October 2023

It is truly a sanctuary and reprieve! The hospitality is like none other that i have experienced. I was offered a traditional outfit and fun photo shoot as well.

The attention to detail is incredible from the lighting of the candle as you enter and choices of soap to the formal welcome by the manager. Every staff member knew me and tailored my stay according to my specific needs.

I had a personal consultation with the traditional physician and offered a massage to address the specific needs guided by the physician’s instructions.

I want to specially thank Amrita, the personal guest helper for making my stay so special.

Being a physician myself, an Endocrinologist, I found the preventive approach to ailments refreshing contrast to the treatment approach to allopathic medicine I am used to practicing on a daily basis

I cannot recommend this facility more highly and truly was a mind body and spirit experience

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Anouk Cleven, General Manager at Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2023

Dear Ms. Nikhita,

Thank you for your kind words.
We highly appreciate your opinion, as a health practisioner yourself, on our preventive approach and the focus on balancing body, mind and spirit.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to welcome you back some day.