Lol.travel
All reviews great hotel beautiful view beds bhutan bathroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2023

Stayed for three nights (booked by travel agency). Had seen positive reviews, but my experience was quite negative.
Good location within walking distance of the Paro festival. Soundproofing is entirely lacking. You can hear dogs barking outside, conversations in other rooms and in the hallway as if it happened in your own room. The first two nights the hotel was nearly empty, but it filled up on my last day. I was awakened before 06:00 by what sounded like a herd of buffaloes in the room upstairs pacing the super-squeaky floor, then some men in Bhutanese attire (not sure whether hotel staff or guides) talking loudly in the hallway right near my door.
The electric heaters provided are a safety hazard. When I arrived, the room was very cold. An electric heater was plugged in but appeared too weak to warm up the room, which was quite spacious. I asked for another electric heater, then realized that the plug of the first heater was overheated, and when I unplugged it one of the prongs had melted!
Beds and pillows were reasonably comfortable. Room amenities included an electric kettle, which had an Australian plug that didn't fit any of the power outlets in the room. One of the night lamps had no cord to plug it in, so it was on the nightstand for decoration only
On the first day the hot water in the shower ran out abruptly after a couple of minutes. The staff indicated that I should have turned on a switch labeled "Geyser" which was hidden in the back of the bathroom. No one had mentioned it on arrival when they showed me to my room. On the second night I had the water heater turned on but the hot water ran out abruptly after about five minutes. It was a double room, so five minutes’ worth of hot water is all that’s provided for two people.
Housekeeping left a lot to be desired. Every day there was something missing or not replaced: soap bar, toilet paper, hand towel, etc. I never had a bath mat.
Wifi was extremely slow (2-3 Mbps).
Breakfast to order (no buffet), quite mediocre.
Staff was nice, albeit often inept. The front desk rarely answered the phone.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2023

Although my stay here amounted to just 1 night, it was very pleasant and smooth. The hotel was lovely and clean, while the staff was friendly and polite. Like other reviewers, I also enjoyed the view from the restaurant. Would recommend staying here.

Room tip: If you're interested in visiting the main market, then this hotel is perfectly situated for you.
Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank timnM827ZN
Reviewed 11 March 2023 via mobile

We have a wonderful experience at the Spirit of Bhutan Resort ( 3 nights in Punakha & 2 nights in Paro)and use Spirit of Bhutan travel company for 6 days in Bhutan. The owner Dechen and his team members are fabulous and kindness .
They all go above to make our stay comfortable just like a home.
Also, we would like to thank our tour guide Mr Pema and driver Mr kindly for our wonderful time in Bhutan. It was well organized and knowledgeable.

We will definitely contact Dechen again if we visit Bhutan again 👍

Room tip: Best travel agency
Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2020

When we were approaching the hotel, I was a little hesitant as it is not exactly in an elegant neighborhood. But once we were there, I was pleasantly surprised. The architecture of the hotel was very pleasing. The staff was nice and the hotel was charming and even had a little gift shop. We spent a pleasant two days there and the main part of town was only a few blocks away. The only downside was that the windows were thin and there was no insulation to protect you from hearing the incessant barking dogs of Bhutan which seem to sleep all day and bark and chase around in packs all night. The hotel laundry service was extremely reasonable.

Room tip: Overlooking the valley is a pleasant view. I am not sure there are any quiet rooms in this hotel.
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 22 August 2019

Stayed at Spirit of Bhutan in Paro on 2/7 and booked thr Textatrove....its a short distance from the market place, indeed new property with cozy interiors and plush bathrooms.the USP of this hotel is almost in the middle -overlooking of a vast green patch/paddy field.The staff is very polite,friendly and courteous , The food is tasty and the view from the restaurant is amazing.
It was a short stay but we enjoyed it and its total value for money

Room tip: its a new property, all rooms are splendid.
Date of stay: July 2019