“2nd visit: Owner’s hospitality is exceptional and so is her food”
Review of My Kind of Place

My Kind of Place
Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Paro
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

My 1st time at this place was a amazing experience and i already reviewed it, and 2nd time the quality of food remains high like last time.
The best part is owner’s hospitality + the amazing food, which is hard to find.
Karma treats all her customers very kindly.
Thank you for another brilliant experience

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Our second visit to Bhutan , and we have explored most of the restaurants in Paro and Thimphu . This time we thought of eating at My Kind Of place . Sadly to say if you are an Indian and even if there are tables vacant they ask you to « go go, go away , go to champaca and not for you> . We entered the restaurant and there was one table occupied by Bhutanese locals, the hostess asked us what do we want and when we said we would like to have dinner and started scanning through the menu, ready to order. She then went inside, spoke something in Bhutanese and came out and said « go go go away not for you go go away, get out »
This has been by far the most insulting behaviour , not only were we asked to leave but insulted. Let us not forget the entire country of Bhutan is run by Indian tourist and such racist behaviour will lead to a downfall of many restaurants.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Great food! We tried a lot of things from the menu of the day.. went there twice while we were staying in Paro.. one must go here for authentic Bhutanese food. The owner is very friendly and she ensures the food is fresh and to your liking.

2  Thank Isha B
Reviewed 17 October 2017

If you are in Bhutan, you are bound to eat a lot of their local food but try out a bit of Malaysian goodness if you are in Paro town. Located on the main street, this is a nice modern cafe with a very nice owner who is happy to cater to your requests. We tried the set lunch menu and ordered the pork dish. This is by far the most succulent, well cooked pork I have ever had. It had been slow cooking for a while. Their complimentary bread was also delicious. And they serve these vegetarian momos, I have not had anything like that before! I would highly recommend this place! Definitely worth the price.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a great place to hangout. Our guide Karma (from Bhutan Dragon Adventures) brought us there. The owner Karma is what Paro needs - friendly, helpful and with her international experience, she was able to communicate and understand the interests of foreign tourist for a place to chill out. I particularly like the dumpling which Karma says comes from her home village of Haa where it is made as a speciality. Karma makes very well here using buckwheat flour.
Her ezay too has an unusual flavour - it's good.