“20 years later, Perfect! The same!”

Al Castello Ristorante Italiano & Pizzeria
Ranked #36 of 203 Restaurants in Campbell
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I frequented this restaurant between 1995 and 2000. We LOVED THIS PLACE! My husband is Italian, so the sauce, the food was just like his Mama's. We decided to stop at Al Costello's and see if anything had changed. NO! Food so good I had to force myself to slow down and savor every bite. I ordered the special "linguini with prawns in a white wine garlic butter sauce,". While my husband ordered the penne with sauce. Excellent! The bread sticks with salted Parmesan crumbles are still free and the Italian side salad still as good as it was. We were given the "Spumoni" ice cream for free, and loved it as well. Yummy!!!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Our last visit wasn't that positive. The service was really slow (10-15 min to take order after seated). In addition, one of the meals was too salty to eat and the waiter didn't come around for another 20 min to tell him about it. They did give us a substitute meal without issue, which I'll give them customer service points for. 2 of the others thought the food was good, the other 2 thought it 2 thought it was decent. OK overall.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Several friends of Italian descent and I recently had lunch at Al Castello. We found it to be somewhat dated in appearance, but what mattered was the food. We each ordered different pasta dishes and found them good, but not outstanding. The Penne Bolognese was tasty as was the Spaghetti Carbonara. The many desserts offered were very good. I rated the restaurant as average as one can get the same quality of meals at a number of other Italian restaurants (not the chain places) in the area. I would go there again and try something other than pasta. Maybe I would change my rating to very good. If you are near Al Castello try it.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

This restaurant is hidden in a small strip mall on Bascom Avenue and is hard to locate unless you have a good GPS device. But the food is just great and portions are liberal. We had garlic bread, fettuccine pesto. scaloppini d'melanze, cheese ravioli etc among a few desrve mentioning. They were all tasty and well prepared as good as any high scale Italian restaurant. Try it and you will be surprised that such good food can come from such a insignificant strip mall eatery!

Reviewed 9 March 2017

My husband and I went the Al Castello's Restaurant last weekend. We like the restaurant because we can always walk in and get a seat fairly quickly. The food is good, and I love the choices on their Menu. I especially like the Manicotti, Cannelloni, Chicken and Veal Parm. and the Special Spinach salad.. I recommend it Give it a try if you live in the Campbell, San Jose, area.