All reviewslos gatos creek trailextended staywalking distance to downtowntriple panepet policybusy freewaywhole foodsyogurtbedroom suiteroom was very clean and comfortablefull kitchenpull out couchsmall kitchensilicon valleyan upgradefree parkinghot breakfast
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Lovely and charming property. It is right next to the campbell trail.
The rooms are neat and comfortable. The rooms are not noisy unlike some other towneplace properties. They offer a very basic breakfast (no waffles). The family room with a fireplace is quite charming.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We where very disappointed as Platinum members of Marriott.
The hotel is dated and boring. I will say the rooms are clean but very simple and needs remodeling.
The front office manager lacked any personality and I felt sorry for the young lady he was attempting to train. Some passion for your job and energy training a new employee would go miles.
The breakfast was not very good, old and tired and in need of a lift.
We would not stay again as there are many better options in this price range.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
TPSCampbellSales, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Mr. Kaisers5,

Thank you for your feedback about the hotel.

I am very sorry that you are upset at my Front Office Supervisor. I know that he caught you with an unregistered dog and charged you our $150 pet fee.

You did not mention during the reservation process that you were bringing a dog nor did you mention at check-in that you had a pet with you. However, he saw you with a small dog (our policy is 25# or less and only one pet) going down the hall.

Again, I apologize that you are upset that he caught you with your dog and charged you the $150 fee.

By the way, the Front Desk Supervisor is the winner of the Team Member of the Year 2016 for all of the California Hotel and Lodging Association. He had 26 great comments from past guests as part of his nomination. You are the first person to speak badly of him in the 12 years that he has worked for me.

Jill

Reviewed 24 March 2017

This place charges $150 non-refundable for a pet. We stayed one night and, my fault, I did not see the $150 fee when making the reservation. This fee is outrageous. One can hardly say this place is "pet friendly" when such a fee makes it totally unreasonable. Fortunately my daughter lived nearby and took care of our 12 pound at her home. Other hotel properties are either free of a reasonable amount. Needless to say I will never consider TownPlace Suites whenever I travel.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
TPSCampbellSales, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Dear Past Guest,

I am sorry that you did not see the our pet policy on-line.

Every TownePlace Suites and Residence Inn has a pet fee and a pet policy. Our pet fee is $100 and our pet policy is that there can only be one pet, a maximum of 25 pounds and the suite will be located on the 1st floor.

Again, I apologize that you did not see this policy before you arrived.

We hope to see you again.

Jill

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Our third stay at Campbell TownePlace. We keep coming back because of the friendly, outstanding staff, accommodations and cleanliness. Ours was a two week stay, with our small dog. We visit family in the area and TownePlace works perfectly for us. Our one bedroom suite was spotless, freshened daily as needed (bed made and clean towels provided) while the sheets are changed weekly...just like home! Each and every person on the staff is welcoming and make you feel like an old friend. Breakfast choices are more than adequate and always fully stocked. Newspapers are even available! Internet is high speed and works without issue. A wonderful trail and park with playground are located directly behind the hotel....perfect for walking, jogging, and playing with the kids. The people, cleanliness and location will keep us coming back to this hotel for years!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Looking for alternative in the area, found this jewel with quiet and comfortable room. Lots of space, very clean and well maintained. Close to good eats and shopping. Continental breakfast included, and cookies in the evening.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business