“Great comfort-good staff”

TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Looking for alternative in the area, found this jewel with quiet and comfortable room. Lots of space, very clean and well maintained. Close to good eats and shopping. Continental breakfast included, and cookies in the evening.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

The room was clean, even though it smelled like my grandma had left her old potpourri sitting out overnight. It made me wonder what that floral scent was masking.
The window opened all the way, so that problem was easily solved even though I was left with the roar of the freeway overnight.
I'd probably stay again if only for the location and a decent nights sleep, but it's totally average.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
TPSCampbellSales, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear Mr. 365,

I am so sorry that there was an unpleasant fragrance in your room. We would have been happy to transfer you into another room if you had let us know that the room did not meet your needs.

In addition, I apologize that you experienced any noise from the exterior. We have triple pane windows facing the East. Next time, please request a room facing the park on your reservation.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Booked a quiet room got one facing a busy free way. It was easy to change but why should one even have to ask.

Barring the fruit I'm not sure anything for breakfast could be considered food. Hormone laced milk - I'd rather not thanks.

Rooms aren't cleaned unless you ask, not sure how that benefits anyone well except the businesses bottom line.

The area is nice but find a nicer hotel is my suggestion.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
TPSCampbellSales, Manager at TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Gerard,

Thank you for your feedback about this hotel. We appreciate your time.

I am sorry, but no one is able to book a certain room location: one books a room type. You booked a room for the arrival day and then you stated you had a request for a quiet room.

Unfortunately, I am not able to see any request for a park side room on your reservation. We try to honor all requests, but if we do not see a request, then we would have not known that you had a desire for a certain room location.

Our breakfast is a grab-and-go breakfast. We have a large variety of foods (six different types of low fat yogurts, hard boiled eggs, breakfast egg sandwiches, low fat cheese sticks, six different types of cereals, 2% and non-fat milk, bagels, muffins, toast, juices, a variety of four fresh fruits and more). I am sorry that our breakfast did not meet your needs.

We do have daily housekeeping. We complete the refreshes after 3 pm, since we work earlier to complete the rooms for check-in at 3 pm. I am sorry that you thought that you had to ask for housekeeping. We would have gotten to your room before the housekeepers leave at 4:30 pm. Please feel free to request a certain housekeeping time if you want earlier service.

Again, I apologize that we do not book room locations, that our breakfast did not meet your needs and that you wanted earlier housekeeping services.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Traveled half of the globe for a week long business trip to San Jose and stayed in TownePlace Suites Campbell. I booked this place as the other downtown hotels were either booked or too pricey to pick. But this place did surprise me and ticked most of the boxes.

Positives:

-. The folks at the reception were very helpful.

-. Pretty close to downtown. Used Lyft and each time I reached my work place is less than $20

- Campbell is a wonderful area and you always feel homely in this place. This is important for me.

- The prune yard shopping center is just a block away and will keep you engaged in the evening.

- The nature walk behind the hotel is just awesome and nothing can beat that.

- The internet works great. I did not use the parking but looked great.

Improvements :

- Breakfast is a big let down. I wish I could have got something better. If something stops me from booking the place again. It would be the breakfast.

- The gym is too small

- If you are looking for a longer stay this is a better place than many but if you are looking for a place for a couple of days then go and stay in a proper hotels

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
TPSCampbellSales, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Sam,

Thank you for the nice comments and I am very glad that you were pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Stayed there at Christmas time and it was pleasant if uninspiring. We came back with a small dog in June and besides the high price for the room, we were told that a dog fee for one night would be $150. Needless to say, we cancelled and found clean very ample room at Best Western with a minimal pet fee. Perhaps if the TownPlace Suites were "special" it might be tolerated. But it is an overpriced plain Jane property.

Room Tip: Get a room on the park side, not the freeway side