“Exciting day with incredible staff”

Adventure Tours Hacienda Guachipelin
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 90.00*
and up
Rincon de la Vieja National Park One Day Adventure Pass
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventure tours for all ages next to Rincon de la Vieja National Park, Liberia, Guanacaste. The "One Day Adventure Pass" is a combination of Canopy Tour, White water Tubing, horseback ride and hot springs, with 1 meal. Individual tours are operated too.The new attraction is the butterfly garden with the snake and frog exhibit. The best adventure tour is the Canyoning Tour. The only canyoning tour in Guanacaste. Hiking tours to Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. Bird watching and wildlife observation is also offered. We are open every day of the week. Now mountain bike tours on the best single track trails in Guanacaste.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We spent a full day at Guachipelin during our 4-night stay in Costa Rica. The staff here are absolutely incredible and the full-day adventure pass is a bargain. We started with zip lining - as a first timer, I found the staff to be exceptionally helpful in preparing us while keeping it fun. The views are incredible - I especially loved the waterfall and the tarzan swing. After zip lining we went on the river tubing experience. I will admit, this was my least favorite part because of the super fast rapids, but my boyfriend absolutely loved it - as did all the others in our group. When Roy, one of our guides realized I was scared, he stayed with me for the duration of the float and never let me flip out of my tube. I can't say enough about his kindness and helpfulness - Roy helped make a scary experience much more fun. We were also there the day Hurricane Nate dumped a ton of rain on Costa Rica, so the river was much more rambunctious that usual. After tubing we were treated to a delicious Costa Rican buffet (probably the most authentic meal we had during our time in the country). We opted to skip horseback riding because of the rain and drove to the hot springs instead. Well worth the 5 mile drive into the park! On our way to the springs we discovered beautiful scenery and incredible rope bridges. The day was wonderful thanks in great part to the knowledgeable, kind and fun staff. We would definitely visit here again!

2  Thank mammiechelle
jose b, Manager at Adventure Tours Hacienda Guachipelin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you mammiechelle for your comments.
We are very happy to know that you had a very good day at Adventure Tours. It's good to know that Roy was ready to assist you. We are glad that you noticed the traditional food served at the restaurant. Our staff tries to give an authentic experience.
Thank you for choosing Adventure Tours for your trip to Rincon de la Vieja.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

My Special Lady & I are adventure lovers and we swore to mix our relaxing trip to Costa Rica with genuine thrill seeking fun. We booked the Guachipelin Combo Adventure Tour for our stay in Tamarindo and I must say it was a GREAT idea, because it resulted in me having one of the most memorable fun filled days of my 40 years on this Earth! Our ride to Guachipilen was filled with information about the local people, customs, history, animals & plant life. And not without a lot of laughs, because our tour guide José Galdamez was hilarious and personable as he was insightful and passionate about sharing his knowledge of the area.
Once we got to the amazing grounds (over 1100 acres of an incredible privately owned landscape) we began our adventure with Ziplining through the rainforest. The staff was very helpful and courteous and the system was well organized and maintained. Each of the ziplines had different character and charm, whether it was a lengthy voyage above the trees or a picturesque trip over a rainforest river. For the more adventurous types, they offered a chance to rappel down a gorge, where you had to rock climb your way back up to the ziplines- after a "tarzan swing" across! This was at no additional cost and those who opted out still had the opportunity to tarzan swing & climb between other lines along the way.
The next leg of the trip involved a pleasant horseback ride through varied terrain of the beautiful farm and forest. My girlfriend loves horseback riding & wished this part of the adventure was longer than the 45minute trek, but personally my butt was ready to move on to switch up the activities! I have to say it was lots of fun though.
After we dismounted the horses we took a quick a quick drive to the river, where we hopped on personal inner tubes and had an awesome hour+ trip down the rainforest river rapids! This was easily some of the most fun I've ever had in my thrill seeking life! Although there are occasional bits of calm, this is no "lazy river" and there are plenty of "hold on tight & lean back" moments as your bounce, spin and splash down the rapids! SO MUCH FUN!! I'm so glad I captured it all on waterproof camera & GoPro- because words can't describe the excitement!
Once we made landfall, we dried off and made our way to the premises restaurant, where an all you can eat buffet of local flair (a little bit of everything) silenced our growling bellies.
The day wasn't over yet! Because the tour allows you to soak your muscles & bones in the natural hot springs provided by the nearby volcano! We finished our day here painting ourselves with therapeutic volcanic mud which we washed off in the showers and/or river beside us, before relaxing in one of the many hot springs of varying size and temperature! Such a great way to end an incredible day of fun filled excitement & adventure.
All the while, our guide José acted as our paparazzi, running around to take incredible pictures of us as we laughed, howled, sighed and posed with our friends/lovers along our tour. The Guachipelin combo packs so much fun into one day and is a MUST for thrill seekers traveling to Costa Rica!! And as amazing as our
special day was, I have to say that it wouldn't have been the same without our guide José
(of slothtamarindo.com), who's passion, personality, insight, and humor made the tour all the more worthwhile! And on top of all that, his picture taking skills were incredible! He really makes the extra effort to get the best shot & plenty of them! Leaving us with plenty of memories to share with our loved ones back home. Words alone cannot describe the fun & adventure you will experience on this trip! GO! And ask for José!
I highly recommend them both!

jose b, General Manager at Adventure Tours Hacienda Guachipelin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

THank you Christopher C for your review. We are happy that your trip from Tamarindo was worth it. We are glad that you enjoyed horses , zip lining in the canyon, and tubing down white water.
Thank you for choosing Guachipelin for your trip to Rincon de la Vieja volcano.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Great day adventure pass and a bargain price. The day started with a horseback ride which was our least favorite activity but fun. We went on to tubing - let's just say that tubing CR style is way different than in the US when it would be considered white water rafting but in an inner tube. It was exhilarating and such a great time. We always felt safe. From there, it was a challenging zip line complete with a wall climb. Finally, a mineral springs soak. Staff at all of the activities were well trained and attentive. Oh and we had a great lunch as well. This was a highlight of our CR vacation! Totally recommend.

1  Thank Nancy E
jose b, Manager at Adventure Tours Hacienda Guachipelin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you Nancy E for your comments.
Thank you for choosing Adventure Tours Hacienda Guachipelin for your trip to Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. We are glad that you had a fun day with us.
we hope that you can visit Costa Rica Again soon.
Pura vida !!!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

The most fun that we have had in a long time! The guides were friendly and sincerely wanted to give you the best experience possible. Endurance is a must because the physical challenges just keep coming. Horseback riding, heights, zipping, repelling, rock climbing, hiking and rapids. We're talking dirty, sweaty & stinky. Breathtaking surroundings & a thrilling adventure for the rugged.
Good choice of foods at the buffet lunch.
Encouraged to take off your clothes and wear your swimsuit or underwear (not entirely appropriate in mixed company) prior to the tubing. Bathrooms are small as is the area of the mud bath & hot springs. Wear athletic wicking clothes & tough sandals.

Thank you mlbrooksBremerton for your review.
It's a good observation to "Wear athletic wicking clothes & tough sandals". We are glad that you had a fun time at Adventure Tours Hacienda Guachipelin . Our staff tries hard to make it safe and fun.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

This adventure centre which is part of the hotel is really good and has lots of great stuff to try. We did horse riding twice which was simply magical especially for my 10 year old daughter Emma. It was our first time but the cowboys made us feel so confident and the horses were great and could do the route we took to a lovely waterfall blind folded I am sure. We were able to swim in the beautiful waterfall and river before returning through the forest to the hotel. Good value too for a lovely trip. We also used the free shuttle service provided which runs regularly to go to the stunning national park where we had a lovely and not too strenuous 3 mile walk which took us past bubbling pools , flumaroles and waterfalls and we saw quite a few birds and lizards etc. It was suitable for children and had a path all the way round. We also used the transport to take us to their own hot pools which are situated 10 mins away in the forest. These are absolutely great and after a short walk through the forest and across a few hanging bridges you can choose from 6 or 7 pools of various temperatures to relax in and paint yourself or each other with volcanic mud and then wash it off on river or shower. We were lucky the second time as we were joined by a large troop of capuchin monkeys who were all around in trees as we wallowed in the relaxing hot pools. There is changing facilities there at entrance and refreshments if needed. A must if staying at the hotel !
We didn't have time or the courage to do tubing , canyoning etc but kits were and next time I am sure we will have a go. All in all a good experience with clinical and helpful staff and good value and lots to do.

Thank you Reviewed by Ted T for your comments.
We are glad that you enjoyed the horses with your daughter, and that you enjoyed the trails at the national park. This trail is the most popular and the most visited. We hope that you can do the tubing on your next visit.