Open today: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Book In Advance
Tours from Adventure Tours Hacienda Guachipelin tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews rock climbing white water tubing tarzan swing river tubing day pass horseback riding zip lining hot springs costa rica canopy tour rio negro buffet lunch mud bath great value hotel restaurant small waterfall favorite activity
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Great day adventure pass and a bargain price. The day started with a horseback ride which was our least favorite activity but fun. We went on to tubing - let's just say that tubing CR style is way different than in the US when it would be considered white water rafting but in an inner tube. It was exhilarating and such a great time. We always felt safe. From there, it was a challenging zip line complete with a wall climb. Finally, a mineral springs soak. Staff at all of the activities were well trained and attentive. Oh and we had a great lunch as well. This was a highlight of our CR vacation! Totally recommend.

1  Thank Nancy E
jose b, Manager at Adventure Tours Hacienda Guachipelin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you Nancy E for your comments.
Thank you for choosing Adventure Tours Hacienda Guachipelin for your trip to Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. We are glad that you had a fun day with us.
we hope that you can visit Costa Rica Again soon.
Pura vida !!!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

The most fun that we have had in a long time! The guides were friendly and sincerely wanted to give you the best experience possible. Endurance is a must because the physical challenges just keep coming. Horseback riding, heights, zipping, repelling, rock climbing, hiking and rapids. We're talking dirty, sweaty & stinky. Breathtaking surroundings & a thrilling adventure for the rugged.
Good choice of foods at the buffet lunch.
Encouraged to take off your clothes and wear your swimsuit or underwear (not entirely appropriate in mixed company) prior to the tubing. Bathrooms are small as is the area of the mud bath & hot springs. Wear athletic wicking clothes & tough sandals.

Thank you mlbrooksBremerton for your review.
It's a good observation to "Wear athletic wicking clothes & tough sandals". We are glad that you had a fun time at Adventure Tours Hacienda Guachipelin . Our staff tries hard to make it safe and fun.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

This adventure centre which is part of the hotel is really good and has lots of great stuff to try. We did horse riding twice which was simply magical especially for my 10 year old daughter Emma. It was our first time but the cowboys made us feel so confident and the horses were great and could do the route we took to a lovely waterfall blind folded I am sure. We were able to swim in the beautiful waterfall and river before returning through the forest to the hotel. Good value too for a lovely trip. We also used the free shuttle service provided which runs regularly to go to the stunning national park where we had a lovely and not too strenuous 3 mile walk which took us past bubbling pools , flumaroles and waterfalls and we saw quite a few birds and lizards etc. It was suitable for children and had a path all the way round. We also used the transport to take us to their own hot pools which are situated 10 mins away in the forest. These are absolutely great and after a short walk through the forest and across a few hanging bridges you can choose from 6 or 7 pools of various temperatures to relax in and paint yourself or each other with volcanic mud and then wash it off on river or shower. We were lucky the second time as we were joined by a large troop of capuchin monkeys who were all around in trees as we wallowed in the relaxing hot pools. There is changing facilities there at entrance and refreshments if needed. A must if staying at the hotel !
We didn't have time or the courage to do tubing , canyoning etc but kits were and next time I am sure we will have a go. All in all a good experience with clinical and helpful staff and good value and lots to do.

Thank you Reviewed by Ted T for your comments.
We are glad that you enjoyed the horses with your daughter, and that you enjoyed the trails at the national park. This trail is the most popular and the most visited. We hope that you can do the tubing on your next visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We purchased the all day adventure pass from the concierge at our hotel in Playa del Coco. Our first activity was zipping and before it started we were asked if we wanted a photographer to follow us for the day for $45. Of course we said yes. What they didn't tell us was that we needed to be back there before 5pm because that's when they close.
We were rushed from ziplining to horseback riding and then to tubing. From there we had lunch and then went to the hotsprings and mud baths where I assumed the camera man would also be snapping pictures. By the time we returned to the office it was 5:15pm and everyone was gone.
On the advice of our concierge, I emailed them that evening explaining what happened and that we wanted to purchase the photos. The following day when I didn't hear back from them, I called and spoke to someone who assured me that they would be able to find our pictures. All I had to do was email pictures of our family so they could look for our photos. I immediately sent the family pics and again did not hear back. On Saturday, the day we were flying home, I called again and spoke to someone different in the photo department who again asked for me to send family pictures which I sent AGAIN.
We had time to drive out there before our flight in the afternoon, so that's what we did ( more than an hour out of our way).

Here comes the sad part...we were informed that our zip lining pictures had all been deleted. I wanted to cry. I was told they delete them the following day to make room for new pictures. So it mattered not that I had emailed the SAME DAY we were there and again the next day, or that I had called them and spoke to them twice. I was told the pictures are gone.

So please learn from my mistake and don't let them rush you from one event to the next. Stop and purchase the pictures while you can. At least we have our memories.

jose b, General Manager at Adventure Tours Hacienda Guachipelin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

We are very sorry for the photographs missing. The photograph stand is leased to a local family, but still we are responsible for whatever happens with our guests.
We will take all of the necessary measures so that this will not happen again to anyone.
The management.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We did not stay at the property but we came here to go tubing and loved it!!

GOOD
-The price. $110 for 2 people.
-They held on to our car keys for us while we went tubing.
-Our car was safe with all our belongings.
-We got to ride horses!
-At the end of the horse riding trail we saw lots of monkeys in the trees!
-The tubing was so much fun!

BAD
-Tubing was a little shorter than I had expected. I didn't realize we were going to take a bus after riding the horses to the tubing star point, and then take a bus again after tubing, to the main building.

Thank you Matt E for your comments. We are glad that the tubing and the horseback ride was fun.
Thanks for visiting Rincon de la Vieja .