“Great place to catch a quick lunch or have a beer and watch a game.”
Review of Main Street Grill

Main Street Grill
Ranked #18 of 54 Restaurants in Cambria
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 4 October 2018

My kayak team and I spent the weekend in Cambria camping at the San Simeon State Park in September of 2018 for the North Coast Ocean Rescue (NCOR), Open Ocean Paddle fund raiser they do every year. NCOR is an all-volunteer group helping to rescue swimmers or boaters in the San Simeon and Cambria areas. Upon arriving in Cambria we wanted to catch some lunch before setting up camp. We stopped at the Main Street Grill located at the north end of, well Main Street. We were a bit surprised to learn that this restaurant and bar is a CASH only place. In this day and age, I don’t carry near the cash I used to but on this day I had enough on me for lunch.
The place has a nice atmosphere, beach and surfing vibe. You order at the counter and the call your number for pick-up. It was very efficient and the service was fast. I had the fish and chips and my partner had chicken strips. We found the food to be excellent and the serving size good and they had a good selection of beers. Great place to catch a quick lunch or hang out and watch a game. I would also recommend this place for families.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

It's a big open room sort of a combination of a sports bar and restaurant. You order your food at a counter then it is brought out to you. It is VERY popular but amazing not all that noisy. We had the pork and beef ribs and both were excellent and good value.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Staying in San Simeon for one night & drove to Cambria for dinner.. arrived at the Main Street Grill at around 6pm, queued for 15 minutes only to be told that there was no chicken left at all in any shape or form!! The young chap behind till wasn’t really much help, basically saying it was burgers or nothing!! Very disappointed as had read previous good reviews on this spot. Would maybe suggest getting at lunchtime if you want chicken!!

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We drove here from San Simeon because there are not many choices of restaurants. We were quite surprised and pleased by our choice. The portions were large, especially for the price. The cashier was sweet and tried to save us money by explaining the sides of fries. They are huge!!! One bowl would have worked for our family of four. Definitely worth the stop!

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I went here because I was in the mood for a burger and didn't want to spend a lot of money. I got the kids size and it was more than big enough. The french fries have seasoned salt -- really good! And the small is huge. I just wish they had Coke rather than Pepsi.