1,022 results
All reviews san simeon pines outdoor games shuffle board ocean point games room corn hole claw foot bathtub rose garden short walk to the beach moonstone beach outdoor fire beautiful property across the street comfortable beds hearst castle fireplace room continental breakfast
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Gorgeous newly decorated room with comfortable king bed! Staff was extremely friendly and helpful! Just across the street from the ocean. We lived walking the boardwalk on Moonshine Beach. We'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We enjoyed our stay but were a little disappointed that for a newly remodeled place it already looks like it needs some maintenance. we have several light switches that didn't work and our room seemed a little beat up. There is no closet nor luggage stands for your suit cases. The counters didn't look properly sealed so there were what appeared to be drips and cup rings left behind. The style and décor I thought was great, the fire pits were nice too, as well as the wood burning fire place. The continental breakfast is very light: cereal, fruit & small pastries and of course coffee and juice.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Property and location were fantastic. Glad I booked it! Only improvement I would suggest is to have small fans in each room. Although the evenings were cool, there is very little circulation in the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This place is proper cosy. Rooms are nice and spaceous. Mega cozy beds. Big flat screen tv to watch things on. Coffee machine included. Its got pateo doors for every room so you can go sit in the garden thing in the morning. There is also a swimming pool, breakfast included, theres a self service room where you can help yourself to tea, coffee, hot chocolate annnnnd, the best part is there are these fire pits you can sit around with your family and friends.
Also, not to far away theres a beach where seals go to rest. Theres also squirrels which come right up to you when you look at them. Theres also herste castle which is nice and offers interesting tour guides.
Ocean point is the best local hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Overall the hotel was clean and in a great location. Most of the staff were friendly. I had a couple of issues:
1) Gentleman running the breakfast area made racial comments regarding Muslims. I approached him later and expressed my concerns. The assistant manager called me later that day to apologize.
2) Heater in room was broken. Did get a portable heater to replace it.
3) The cleaning staff area was right outside of our room (Rm 123) so unfortunately we were woken up in the morning due to their activities (conversations, etc.).
Roya

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank royamok
Sean N, General Manager at Oceanpoint Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Although I wish the circumstances were more positive, I do appreciate your taking the time to comment on your experiences. I do wish to sincerely apologize for the egregious lack of professionalism shown by one of my staff members in the breakfast room. I took immediate and decisive action on this situation and it will not be repeated. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again to our property and I am always at your disposal to discuss this situation, or to allow me to personally handle your next reservation.

In Service,