“Run down hotel in the middle of nowhere”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Fontana, California
“Run down hotel in the middle of nowhere”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I stayed here on a weekend with my mom. Thought I was getting QUALITY but I was in for a surprise. First of all, the hotel was all by itself away from the main part of town. They gave us a Full bed, instead of Queen. My mom and I were sharing the bed, and there was hardly much room to sleep comfortably. I know it was NOT a queen like they stated. The room was in bad need of renovation. The carpet was ripped and dirty, the bathroom had ants in it, and our TV only got a few stations, not even HBO! The grossest part was, our bath towels were damp and had hair on them! I had to exchange most of them for new, clean ones. The continental breakfast was not very good, and there wasn't enough room for the guests to eat. The guy behind the desk never got up to refill the orange juice or food items. The pool was taken up by a family of 8 with their kids jumping in with their clothes on! When I called them about ants, they were asking ME what I wanted them to do! the guy came up and sprayed stinky ant spray everywhere. The next morning, when I took a shower, ants came out of the shower head! When I checked out I complained and the guy told me all he could do was give me 10% off, which is basically a few bucks. I refused. I let them know I wanted to hear from the manager, left my contact info, and never heard back. Numerous times I left messages. Finally I had to call their Customer Service department. They had the manager write me a letter of apology, and offered me nothing! I got a RUDE lady who gave me an attitude! After all this hassle I did get a gift certificate for a small amount off my next stay at a Choice Hotel. I don't know if I even want to stay at another one of their hotels! I would recommend staying at the Days Inn over this place! Stay away!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I believe this hotel used to be a Comfort Suite and for some reason it was made into a Quality Inn and Suite. This hotel is no way close to to Quality Suite hotel. We have stay in many of the Quality, Comfort, Clarion and even Sleep Inn's the this hotel might have been rated with the Sleep hotel not the Quality. We had a Queen Suite and it was very small and dated for sure. The bed was not even close to a Queen size and very uncomfortable and the Quality hotels always have great bed and bedding. We had some ants in the bathroom and the continental breakfast was not a Quality hotel breakfast, not even close. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Camarillo hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Very disappointed with service and room size. The hot water is not coming at all and room service was very poor. They introduced the free breakfast, it is not worth.. I never go to this place anymore.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Vista, California
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I was very disappointed with this hotel. Carpets were dirty, wallpaper was stained, room was musty and the bathroom had seen better days. It's a one star hotel for sure. It's only redeeming quality was that it was conveniently off the 101 freeway.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank PaulB777
Austin
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This hotel is showing it's age. Old Hotel. The room we stayed in was I hope not the best one. It was a small room 2 beds. The bathroom only had tub and toilet. too small to even change clothes in. I found mold growing out from under the lid of the toilet tank. The tub was so stained I didn't even want to take a bath in. It smelled like an outhouse in there. Humidity was 67% in the room. After husband took a bath it went up to 72% and stayed there through out the night. You can smell the mold and dust in the air. Not a healthy place to stay.
The hotel in on a main highway so you do have traffic noise.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ncoco53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
3.6 km away
Best Western Camarillo Inn
#2 of 10 in Camarillo
4.5 km away
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!