Bella Capri Inn & Suites
USD 125
USD 156
USD 136
USD 301
All reviewsboutique hotelcourtyard parkingfarmers marketadjoining caferoom was cleansmall bathroomqueen bedparking lotcleaning staffstains on the carpetwalking distanceincluded breakfastventura blvdfridge and microwavecoffee makerweddinglaundry
Reviewed 7 May 2017

I booked a room block here for our recent wedding and my family & friends took up almost the whole inn. We got positive remarks from all of our family members & friends who stayed here. They said the food was excellent in the café and the location was beautiful. They thoroughly enjoyed walking through the quaint town. My new husband & I stayed in the suite and it was very spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Positives: The room was clean without any stains on the carpet (a big deal for me). The personal products were good quality. The bed was okay. Nice pillows. Strong, reliable WiFi. Very nice front desk staff and a helpful maid.

Negatives: The chair was wobbly and the seat had lost all it's stuffing. Using my laptop on the dresser that sort of was also a desk was very awkward because the drawers were so low that my legs wouldn't fit under. The heat/cold system was in poor repair and dirty, something I might not have noticed if I hadn't of had to sit on the bed to read the dials. I wouldn't have turned it on but when I came back to my room after getting some food, there was a dreadful smell that began in the parking lot and continued into my room. It got so bad that I felt like forfeiting the cost of the room and going someplace else! I couldn't do that because I could not have gotten my things down the stairs. Luckily the smell dissipated around midnight and I was able to get to sleep.

In the reservation I made through Orbitz I specifically stated ground floor only unless there is an elevator. I also stated late arrival as I didn't expect to arrive until after 10pm. I received an e-mail confirmation from the hotel so assumed that my special requests would be honored. I was able to get on the road much sooner than expected so arrived at the hotel about 8:45pm. I checked in and that's when I learned that I was put in a second floor room without an elevator and all of the ground floor rooms were occupied. I also found upon my arrival that I had received a second e-mail and a phone call to inform me that the office would close at 10pm. I had not seen the e-mail or listened to the voice message because I was on the road. Jessica confirmed my request for the ground floor room and stated that they had a new person who seemed to have overlooked it. She carried my bags to the room.

Overall I felt that the room was overpriced though I was told that the rate I got through Orbitz was very good.

It's not the fault of the hotel at all but do be warned that Camarillo rolls up its sidewalks at 9pm! I was really hungry and my attempt to find a place that would deliver was fruitless. Luckily the Von's was open and I was able to get a pre-made turkey sandwich, which was actually pretty decent.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Lisa, front desk clerk, who purported to be MOD, was RUDE, uncompromising and everything was our fault even though booking agent and hotel cancelled our reservations. Sh said she was an events coordinator traveling all over the country, that this job was just fill in work for her. Assuredly she is not doing the hotel, her fellow employees or the hotel owner any favors. Highly recommend she get out of tthe hospitality business as she gives it a black eye.

Drunk guests banging on our door at 2:45am was not pleasant; hotel has no security whatsoever, on a main noisy very busy street which jeopardizes both its guests and employees. The entry door's chain lock was too short and inoperable. The suite's toilet seat was loose, could have caused anyone to slip and have an accudent. We made mention of this to Lisa and her response was, "Do you expect me to go up there with a screw driver?" She is the rudest, uncooperative hotel person we have ever encountered and we're in the hospitality industry. All in all it was an awful night, noise from the street, unruly guests, an extremely rude uncompromising desk clerk, compounded by a 13 parking spaces lot for a 25 room hotel with the suggestion to try and find a parking space on the street with no offer to assist with our luggage.
Just a very bad experience at what could have been a pleasant stay.

Stayed: March 2017
2  Thank Katethegrape
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here recently as our house was being renovated and we had to leave it for a few days during the painting. We live up the street and have been by many times, and even eaten at the Old Town Cafe, but never had a reason to stay.

We had a one-bedroom suite in the front of the inn, next to the fitness room (as it is) and a very interesting bedroom that had ~14 foot ceiling. Small kitchenette would've been useful had we cooked. Clean, and even with the freeway across the street, relatively quiet. Small private patio too.

Speaking of the fitness room, don't expect much. It's a treadmill and a elliptical I think and that makes up the room. The breakfast downstairs in the cafe was okay. If you have breakfast included in your rate, then they limit your choices and the hours you can go. But if you don't, the menu is interesting ... I get good breakfast burritos to go from here all the time.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank franksbeans2001
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel for 2 reasons only. 1. It is pet Friendly. 2. It was walking distance from the restaurant where my friend was having her birthday party. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Gym was OK (2 machines, no water in dispenser). Room was clean but very small. Shower was tiny but clean. Quiet area. Nice breeze in Windows. Fridge and microwave was handy. Parking lot very small. But overall a nice visit. Not a B&B or a boutique hotel. Just a cute small motel. But worked for us.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple