My husband and I recently enjoyed a vacation to Calistoga with our 16 month old daughter. This was the first time we tried this with a baby, or since the baby! We had made reservations somewhere else the first two nights and a few days prior to our trip, we were thinking about booking a 3rd night somewhere new. After much research, I called Aurora Park Cottages and spoke to Joe, who was very personable. I felt like I already knew him, the first time we spoke. He made me feel welcome and eased any worries I had about bringing the baby. ( They offer portacribs for the baby.) I told him that as much as we wanted to and hoped to stay our 3rd night with them in Calistoga, we were battling committing (financially) to the 3rd night because we weren't sure how it would be going by that time with our baby, especially since the weather report wasn't looking to be very dry. He told us that he understood our situation and if our daughter's mood was such that it would make the trip unenjoyable, that he would waive the cancellation charge. That eased our concerns and we made our reservation. When the time came to check in with Aurora Park, it was about to rain again and our daughter was definitely ready to go home. We went over to Aurora Park and talked to Joe. He very graciously didn't charge us for the reservation we didn't keep. He was compassionate to our needs as a young family and still happily showed us the beautiful cottage. Just sitting on the bed made me want to spend the night, it was so comfortable. The cottage was spacious and cozy and I look forward to staying there another time in the future. Speaking to and meeting Joe made it clear that we would be well taken care of and any way they could help our stay, they would do so. It is very rare to find someone in this business that is people oriented enough to give a break when it feels reasonable to do so, rather than blankly go with "business as usual" and just swipe our card and charge us for a night we wouldn't spend there. Thank You Joe, and Aurora Park Cottages, we look forward to spending time there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aurora Park Cottages is your private vacation retreat in Napa Valley wine country. Located in beautiful Calistoga - the spa capital of California - our peaceful, country haven is just minutes from world-class Napa Valley wineries, excellent restaurants, and quaint gift shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com and Booking.com so you can book your Aurora Park Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurora Park Cottages Hotel Calistoga
- Aurora Park Cottages Calistoga, Napa Valley, CA