1,075 results
All reviewssolbar restaurantsol barmudslide treatmentmud slideexercise classescruiser bikesthe lemon ricotta pancakeswine countrynapa valleyspa poolmain poolturn down servicefitness centerprivate patiosilverado trailcomplimentary bikescouples massage
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

After three days of cycling through the wine country, I was fortunate to have a wonderful deep tissue massage from Cindy. I've had massages all over the world, and Cindy was the best. Our meals at Sol Bar were excellent also.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2016

We are very frequent travelers (1 trip per week) and stay at 4 and 5 star hotels and resorts on all of our trips. 99% of the time, we have a very favorable experience. This resort was one of the worst run resorts we have experienced and one of the most expensive resorts at that. I highly recommend looking for alternatives. There are plenty of great places to visit in the Napa region that will surely delight.

Because we understand the impact a negative review can have, we wanted to allow the resort to respond directly to us. We filled out a detailed customer satisfaction survey that was administered by the resort. We received no call or email acknowledging or addressing our concerns. I then took it upon myself to send a message to management about our experience and again no response at all.

• They claim to have a Michelin chef with amazing food. We dined several times during our trip at the resort and there was no meal that was even a 2-star caliber. The quality of ingredients were subpar using basic store bought breads and even their simple appetizers like chicken sliders were frozen prepared sloppily prepared. We ordered simple pizza and I am not exaggerating when I say that the pizza came out raw. Literally, the pizza dough was white with no hint of brown anywhere. The sauce tasted exactly like ketchup. We had short ribs for dinner which was very average – not extremely tender nor flavorful.
• We ordered room service on the first afternoon and we placed the trays outside our door as we were instructed. The food and trays remained outside of our door for our entire stay. As we carried our luggage out of the room, the ant infested trays still sat outside of our door.
• When we checked into our room, there was no running water. We found that for some reason, all of the water entering our room was turned off.
• Although the staff was extremely nice, they were clearly not trained or aware of how to accommodate guests. They worked very hard and were very very good people who treated us with respect, but were not coordinated or trained on how to serve. It gave us the feel that the property was brand new which it certainly is not.
• We should have known that we may have problems because when we attempted to book our rooms, we were given many different answers about the rates and whether we needed to stay a minimum number of nights. We were told that we were required to stay the entire 3 day holiday weekend and could not just stay 2 nights. Then, they told me they would speak with management and call me back. They never called back. I then called and spoke with another person only to get a different answer. This took place 3 times. In every instance, they did not call me back as promised. I had to call them and start the process over again.
• Finally, considering my attempts to contact and provide feedback directly to management with no response at all, is extremely telling relative to the importance they place on customer satisfaction.

In summary, to charge an average of $700 per night, you better create a decent experience for your guests. In retrospect, I would not pay more than $130 per night at this resort and that price would assume the issues mentioned above did not happen again. The food was by far the worst part especially in contrast to how they promote themselves with the Michelin Chef banner.

We hope this helps others as they consider spending top $ in Napa.

Room Tip: Don't pay more than $200 per night
19  Thank Kurt B
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Solace was terrific. Great food, service + facilities. Loved it. Beautiful scenery. Every room has 2 bikes to ride into town on. The fitness center was well equipped. The pool was lovely. We were on a bike trip in Napa Valley with Backroads and spent 3 nights at Solace...would have been happy to be there seven nights.

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

If you have a chance to stay at the Solage...do it! Do it and make sure you have dinner while you there. All 15 of us enjoyed our 5 star dinner and the 5 star cocktails!! The wait staff was more than attentive making this a very enjoyable evening!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Very nice stay. O need to take sunscreen, they provide you with such. A nice complimentary bottle of wine. Peaceful and luxurious. Nothing extraordinary mind-blowing, but if you want romance and relaxation, this is a good place to be.