All reviewscouples mud bathblanket wrapmineral waterjacuzzi roomsun deckcovered poolsulfur smellfull body massagehot springsside by sidefun experiencewrapscouples massagebocce ballmud treatmentnapa valleymy fiance
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We were very excited for our stay at the Golden Haven Spa, complete with the couples mud bath...excited that is until we got there and saw the actual accommodations and "spa". To call this a spa is the definition of a misnomer. Thankfully we asked for a tour of the mud bath before paying. We were escorted into a room that smelled horrible from the sulfur in the mineral water even with the back door opened to the outside, and was so filthy that you couldn't tell there was a tile surround on the baths or in and around the hot tub. NOTHING like the pictures posted online or in their registration lobby. We took one look and said no thank you. Our room was on the second floor of an old motor lodge design building, up outside steps and down a narrow walkway barely wide enough for a person and a carry-on. The room was very dated, the TV stopped working & the front desk apologized but said couldn't repair, there were noises all night and morning that sounded like small animals on the roof (there was no one in the room next to us), and the water pressure in the shower was extremely weak. Needless to say, after speaking with the manager, our room charge was waived. We would've much preferred to pay and have a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: make a different lodging choice
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2018

I cannot say enough good things about the couples mud bath at Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa. Absolutely amazing. It was the perfect end to 3 days of wine tasting. It was sooooooo relaxing to float in the mud. The stress and toxins just melted away. Sarah was tremendously pleasant and did a great body wrap to finish the treatment. Highly recommended!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrequentTraveler625
Reviewed 31 January 2018

My friend and I wanted a quiet place to get away from life's stresses. We unexpectedly ended up in Calistoga after our planned retreat was a disaster. We didn't have a place to stay or anything planned but our server recommended we try Golden Haven.

It was perfect. Just far enough off the beaten path yet still close to town, comfortable rooms with a reasonable price point, hot mineral springs to relax in.

I opted for an hour deep-tissue massage. Ed was my masseur and he was off the charts. Top three best massages I've ever had (and I've had a lot :) ). I wish it was closer to home because I would definitely go back often.

Thanks for a great weekend getaway!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Mud baths are a real experience! They accommodated 5 at the same time & the price could not be beat. We spent the morning in the mineral pool, then had our mud baths followed by a 30 minute massage. Eddie & Lily are amazing LMPs. Not a fancy place but clean & accommodating.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2018

The Staff are great - super nice and very helpful and check-in was a breeze. They told us all about the amenities, restaurants, town and sights to see. The property is quaint and clean; the hotel classic California. The pool and 2 Jacuzzi tubs are covered so you can use them even in the rain.The Lounge has ice water, sometimes a snack, and a microwave to use. Ice machine by the pool. The Spa area is nice, clean and relaxing.
The best part was the delightful staff. Whatever I asked for - they provided with smiles. Extra Towels, robes, more bath salts, an ice bucket, 2 free waters daily, wine glasses, even a mint before my massage.
The Jacuzzi room was just as pictured on the website and the bathrooms are currently being renovated (I peeked into one of the rooms & they are tiled and updated). The room was clean and spacious with its own a/c & heat, an electric fireplace, TV, desk and chair, chairs to sit on and refrigerator. We liked being able to park right outside our room. There was a small area outside your door with a table and 2 chairs.
I booked this trip as a stay-cation for me & hubby. We found specials online for the Ultimate Getaway pkg and room rates. We really wanted a mineral spring Jacuzzi in our room. We liked the idea of one in the bedroom so that if someone didn't want to be in it, we could still be together. IT was GREAT and we used it a lot! When we filled the tub, it did have a strong sulfur smell but we were prepared for it and the bath salts beside the tub help. We wanted to know we were getting the real Mineral water in the Jacuzzi.
With the Ultimate Getaway package, we received Mud baths, spa whirlpool, relaxation/cool down room and a couples full body massage - well worth the money.
Some people remarked it wasn't luxurious but we felt pampered and taken care of. The Spa was very nice & comfortable.
It was our first mud bath experience and we loved it. I think if we did it again, I would ask for another 10 minutes in the mud bath. Everything was great - from cucumber water to cool forehead wash cloths to checking if we were ok.
Massages were great - with Lily for Deep Tissue (hubby) and Nadine for firm & relaxing.
We booked additional massages the next day with Bekah and Anatt - both great too.
Thank You - Ladies!
No restaurant but Downtown is a 10 min walk - very easy & doable. Most of the restaurants have happy hour for a cheap meal. We also bought food items at Cal-Mart - wine, meat, cheeses, sandwiches, pastries, fruit for breakfast.
We were able to buy the Wine Passport and 2 wine tastings pay for it, includes Castello di Amorosa. It is beautiful country and we loved seeing all the vinyards.
The only Con - the mattress could probably use an update.
Suggestion - an ice bucket in the rooms (the staff did give me a bucket to use).
Definitely on my list to visit again - Thank you for a wonderful, memorable Stay.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Tub Rooms are great & worth the extra $
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple