“Vacation to California”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Calimesa
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Vacation to California”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

The wife and I spent 9 days at this inn. We were going to be traveling most of the time so we were not looking for all the frills just a good clean and safe place to sleep.It is located right next to the freeway and near everything we were going to be doing. Palm spring, the mountains,the beaches and casino's. The rooms were very clean and quite.I loved the liquid soap dispensers
Great touch. The price was GREAT also. I would recommend this inn when in southern california.

Room Tip: second floor for great views of mountains
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allenm16853
abviofcalimesa, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Allen,

I would like to take thank you for your amazing feedback about our property and accommodations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your 9 day stay at our Inn and the attractions nearby. Many of our guests, you included, love the location of our Inn as it is located close to many shopping malls, casinos, mountains, and beaches.

At ABVI of Calimesa we take extreme efforts in helping our guests feel comfortable during their stay. I truly appreciate the great comments your have left for my staff and am excited to share the great news with them.

I hope that you and your family will take some time to come visit us again in Calimesa!

Dilip Amin
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Norwalk, Calif.
Reviewed 26 September 2011

This place is way better then a Motel 6! For the price it was reasonable,and very clean and comfy beds too. I could tell the place must of had a make over. Every place we had gone to was booked. They had just what we needed. Had a problem to get the shower to work. But the gentlemen had explained how to work it before we checked in. I guess I was to tired to pay attention. Finally figured it out! Did not try the continental breakfast out. Checked in late that night, and slept in. I would definitely stay there again for the price. Not to many hotels around there. Stayed 9/24/11

Room Tip: For the price not bad
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank CareBear725
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I've been back and forth across this country and I can say that the only time I've had a worse hotel experience. We stayed in Calimesa for a friends wedding. There are only two hotels in this small town - this is not the one you want to be at. The accommodations are "spartan" to say the least - the mattresses were very firm, and the pillows felt like sacks of old socks. The floors didn't seem vacuumed and nothing had been dusted since 1990s. The linens we received every day were so worn out I wouldn't use them to clean in my house. The worst was when we went to get the "continental breakfast" which was just convenience store wrapped pastry and coffee -- which traumatized my wife when she spit out some kind of bug/insect after a sip. I tried to get another room, but the owner (who spoke little english) screamed "NO REFUND" at me. Though it looks fine from the outside --- stay away!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ryanprint

Travellers are raving about these Calimesa hotels

Lathrop, California
Reviewed 26 February 2011

While finding hotels online in a city you are not familiar, reviews can be questionable. Booking rooms for my boss and co-workers can be stressful. I called the front dest at the Americas Best Value Inn and knew immediatley this is where my colleagues would be staying. I had the pleasure of speaking to Dilip who explained all the ammenities and answered all my questions regarding safety, rates, and the surrounding area. When my boss returned to the office after his stay, he was very pleased with the security, cleanliness, and warm staff. The price was great too! This day and time excellent customer service is what earns our money and we will continue to use this hotel for all of our trips to the San Bernardino area. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank CoolRoofSystems
Portland, OR
Reviewed 29 September 2010

In town for my Grandmother's funeral. We had booked a two night stay at this hotel after arriving in town. After the first night, we realized that the place was completely outdated, absolutely unsanitary and disgusting! We went looking for a different hotel and found a new Holiday Inn Express closer to Yucaipa. We came back to the front desk of the America's Best Value to inform them that we would not be staying the second night. The guy at the front desk, with a thick Indian accent, told us that we would still be charged us for the second night (mind you, it's ~10am!). He went on to tell us that the Hotel is full and he has to charge us for holding the spot... one minor detail that I forgot to tell you is that..... THE PARKING LOT WAS EMPTY! There were MAYBE three cars and we didn't see more than 1 couple our entire time we were there! My dad told him that he understood (just to be nice), but that his Mom had passed away and we were in town for her funeral. This guy started SCREAMING at the top of his lungs, calling my Dad a liar! Telling him that my Grandma did NOT die, and that he was lying to get out of paying the bill! My dad offered to show him a death certificate, and still screaming he essentially told us to 'pack sand'... Honestly, I'm surprised that the police weren't involved, because if we would have stayed in that tiny office 30 more seconds, I think my Dad would have ended up in jail... As horrible as the story is, the title of this review tells the whole story. And none of my family will EVER do business with any America's Best Value Inn ever again!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank BiteOfFrost
abviofcalimesa, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 17 October 2010
These individuals rented room for two nights. They left in the morning to visit their relatives and our housekeeping lady made their room. They came at 3.00pm. asking to check out and we refuse the refund since it was way passed 11.00am. check out time. Then they giving us an excuse that their mother passed away and threatened us that if they don't get refund then they will complain and place a bad review against our establishment.
our investigation found out that their car was parked at the other hotel in the area. We suspect that they wanted refund so they can stay together with their other relatives at that hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calimesa
8.0 km away
14.3 km away
Ayres Hotel Redlands
Ayres Hotel Redlands
#1 of 9 in Redlands

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!