“Less than mediocre food.”
Review of Wheel Inn Restaurant - CLOSED

Wheel Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 17 November 2012

The chicken fried steak was from Smart and Final and too high for what it was...(they made their money back on what I was charged) for 1 serving. They sell high end dog treats in the lobby that are at least 1 year past the 'Best if used by date'...
Additionally, the staff tells people how much money you spent on your personal Visa Card which I consider private information.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

My boy's were dying to eat at this restaurant after seeing it on the Pee Wee Herman movie. The staff was very friendly and the food was worth the price. We had breakfast both times that we went it and the portions were huge. We were able to split meals for our two smallest to share and it worked out great.

1  Thank kubla76
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I make a point of visiting this delicious diner every time I am in Palm Springs! The interior is very old and typical of a 60s diner. The menu is huge, but I always stick with breakfast. The waitresses are incredibly friendly, the food is giant sized and delicious, and the bizarre kitch on the walls is great to look at while you wait!

Reviewed 1 June 2012

I've never had a meal here but have stopped for a Date Shake to go. I do know the staff is friendly and the date shakes, besides being a feast, have health-giving properties. You will feel better after having one.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

The Wheel Inn has been there as long as I can remember -- at least since 1964 when we moved to California. If you've been on the 10 freeway and have driven through Cabazon (between Banning and Palm Springs), you've driven by this restaurant. The two huge dinosauers are near it.

The restaurant has an old time kitzy feel to it. Those round beaded lamps from the 60's/70"s hang all around the room. There are posters/pictures everywhere. The place looks -- and is -- old. The booths and tables look beat up, but are clean.

The food is generally comfort food. We had the Monte Cristo and the spaghetti. Both were good. The service was FABULOUS! The Wheel Inn has always been known for its pies and cobblers. We had the coconut cream pie and the blackberry cobbler -- yummy!