“Decent stay in Buttonwillow”

Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow North I-5
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Buttonwillow
Reviewed 3 March 2016

This M6 was clean and well maintained - certainly "no frills," but that's what you expect at a M6. The staff was very nice and attentive. Our major gripe was that the A/C (which is very nice to have in the Central Calif heat) was not working when we stayed, which meant the room was hot and stuffy all night long. (We did call the desk about the lack of A/C, but she said she'd already mentioned the problem to the manager, who said the problem was the same in all rooms, and there was nothing to be done.)
On the good side - there are lots of rooms on the "back side" away from the freeway, and our room was *very* quiet. Be sure to request one of those.
The next morning we mentioned the A/C problem to the morning desk clerk, who at least gave us a 10 percent discount on the room rate. (Of course, the room was only $40, which means the discount was $4 ... but it's the thought that counts.)

Room Tip: Get one on the back side, away from freeway noise. They are very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow North I-5

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Nice motel, clean, carpeted, lots of hot water, nice sized room. Bathroom is tiny, but had a bathtub and good shower. Pet friendly, lots of grassy areas to walk dogs. Close to freeway, so freeway noise is noticible but not overpowering. Lots of eateries close by. Free wifi with AARP.

Room Tip: Room at the back away from the freeway will probably be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

I had driven from Springfield Oregon to Buttonwillow only stopping for gas. I was tired and my kids needed to get out. They let us check in at 1pm and I was greatful. The front desk lady was so kind and helpful. She told us if the pool door didn't open with our room key to come to the front desk. So we tried the key and it didn't work, the young guy at the desk who was busy speaking with a young girl told me just jump over the fence and open it from the inside. I'm a big girl and not jumping a fence. I put my 5 year old son over the 5 foot fence and dropped him on his face. It was such a great feeling, not! Anyways the pool was clean and quiet. The room was quiet, clean, everything I needed to sleep. We left at 4am and the place was packed! There's a little field/parking lot that my kids played soccer in.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Even for a one night stop while traveling this Motel 6 is poor by any standard, the towels, wash clothes and even the pillows are thin and nearly unusable, The television was an old picture tube TV with a remote that didn't work making it nearly impossible to even see the news. The noise level from the freeway justifies the low price, but the lack of upgrades is just being cheap! Evidently profit is more important than happy guests!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Overnighted here on way back home from Arizona, as I did not want to drive the 800 or so miles in one day. I know what to expect from Motel 6's, and this one suited my purpose. The room was clean and the motel quiet (I had room at back side, which muffled most of the I-5 traffic noise). Limited TV selection. No in-room coffee (tho coffee is provided in a room just off the lobby starting at 5 AM), microwave or refrig and if you want to use the wifi, it's a few bucks extra. However, for under 40 bucks (thru on-line booking agent), tax included, one can't really expect these amenities. I cite "location" because it is conveniently located at the junction of Hwy 58 and the I-5 interstate, my main routes of travel.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back, as it lessens noise from the I-5 interstate.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buttonwillow
8.5 km away
29.9 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North
22.7 km away
Best Western Plus Wasco Inn & Suites

Been to Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow North I-5? Share your experiences!