“Very poor customer service”
Review of Chateau Vaudreuil

Chateau Vaudreuil
Reviewed 16 September 2017

The Chateau Vaudreuil hotel setting is one were theirs an attempt at luxury, the prices certainly are and principle of the rooms would indicate this. The entrance does have luxurious coaches and the round table with flowers is inviting when you arrive. Unfortunately once personnel begin interacting with you, you quickly realize the attempt is solely on the material aspects of the hotel. Customer service is very poor, speaking to you without looking at you directly at the front desk, cell phone usage. Also forgot Bose acoustic device in the room and called the manager within a few hours, only to be told you know we are not responsible for forgotten items under the law...... Even though this is accurate, a more appropriate response would have been welcome, we will never know if they attempted to find the forgotten items, as they never deemed find the time to call us back as agreed. Often the personnel approach to customer service is reflective of the management, or at least it should be.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that are not in front of the highway
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert L
chateauvaudreuil2013, Responsable des relations clients at Chateau Vaudreuil, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Robert L,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.
I further would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the shortcomings you’ve experienced.
I would like to discuss furthermore this situation with you, please contact me at sonia@château-Vaudreuil.com

Reviewed 12 September 2017

My wife and I stayed at Chateau Vaudreuil for one night. I got the Relaxation Package which includes: One Lake side Suite with whirlpool for one night. One hour massage for 2 people. Breakfast included in the restaurant Villa D’Este served between 7:00am to 10:30am. A box of chocolate served in your suite. A bottle of Sparkling Wine served in your suite.

My room only had a partial lake side view. It was a spacious room but not very clean. The carpets definitely need to be changed. It appears that they had not changed or cleaned for years. The decor and the furniture in the room are dated. I understand that they want to have that chateau feel but they appear to be cheap. Wall papers are peeling off in some areas. Curtains are dusty and have a dead bug on it.

The package costs almost $500 with taxes. Honestly, it was not worth it. The massage I had was not very comfortable or relaxing. Not sure if the masseuse was new or if she didn't want to be there. I felt even more stressed afterwards.

The breakfast was meh! The usual breakfast buffet with eggs, sausages, bacon, etc...however, I must point out that the service at the restaurant was excellent.

I asked for a late check out at 1pm but was declined impolitly. The front desk agent appeared to be a young, inexperienced high school student who had no regards whatsoever about customer services. It was only an hour extra not two or three hours!!!

The hotel grounds are nice. The location of this hotel is about 45 minutes to one hour from downtown. 30 minutes from the airport. It's better to have a car with you if you decide to stay at this hotel. Nevertheless, I won't be returning to the chateau any time soon or in the future. Would I recommend this hotel to my friends and families? NO. It's overpriced and it does not deserve a four stars.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank Worldtluxtraveller

Thank you for taking the time to review us.
The fact of the matter is that you were displeased with some of the services received and the situation was not appropriately resolved on the spot.
I would also like to mention that our hotel is being renovated this upcoming winter.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel next to the lake with big rooms and very good service! I was there on a business trip so i didnt have the chance to exploit all ammenities of the hotel but if i had the chance i would come back again on a leasure trip!
The hotel is 35 to 40 minutes from the city but this makes it quite and romantic! There is free wifi and parking space while breakfast at least for me was on top of the price i had to pay and cost 24 dollars extra. I visited the breakfast area but from what i saw the 24 dollars were much for what it was offered for breakfast which was not poor but not something of the ordinary.
What i appreciated was the newspaper, the cofffee and the bottle of water offered free of charge every day!
So definately i would recommend it if a quite place a bit away from city center is what you look for!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear George,

Thank you for taking the time to review us!
We are happy to read about your last stay with us.
Thank you for the warm compliments regarding the suites and services.
We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

As others have said, it is a gorgeous property and at the height of summer, one can easily imagine a wedding, reception, family reunion, or the like on the adjacent, expansive lawn, overlooking the lake. Unlike holidaytraveller982, I did not have any cleanliness issues. My room was actually a suite, more than adequate for my needs. Since it was prepaid, I have no idea how much the room actually cost, but it is definitely not close to the center of town. That said, I appreciated the old world charm of it, the fine restaurant, and the lights that click on when it's dark. It all felt quite glam!

Room Tip: My view for just one evening was of the parking lot. If I were staying longer, I would have insisted...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback!
We are delighted to hear about your experience with us!
Thank you for the warm compliments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I always said all my reviews would be totally honest. That being said, I had several issues with this place. The cleanliness factor was just not up to par, as we found candy behind the door, dead bugs on the windowsill, possibly blood stains on the comforters, and hair in the bathtub. Yes, it can sleep more than 2 people if the third person is willing to sleep on a small quite scuzzy pull out sofa. I asked for the sheets for the sofabed in the morning and by evening after dinner they still had not arrived. I went downstairs to get the sheets myself and made up the bed myself. The french doors between the bedroom and living room are clear glass meaning no privacy at all! The air conditioning is in the living room so that if you close the aforementioned french doors the bedroom is sweltering and the living room is freezing! Don't open the window because then the bugs descend. I understand that it is considered high season but this place was just not worth the price. I checked out the breakfast which is 25C$ per person and it was pretty average as well. The grounds are lovely but beware if you are bringing a dog along as the dog is not allowed on the lovely grounds.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank holidaytraveller982

Thank you for taking the time to review us.
We do apologize for your experience with us.
We take your comments seriously and we would love to discuss this situation furthermore.
Please contact me at sonia@château-Vaudreuil.com

Sonia M.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vaudreuil-Dorion
1.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vaudreuil-Dorion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vau...
#1 of 9 in Vaudreuil-Dorion
19.8 km away
Hotel Plaza Valleyfield
Hotel Plaza Valleyfield
#1 of 3 in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield

Been to Chateau Vaudreuil? Share your experiences!