All reviews beautiful grounds lake view living room salad french doors live music salmon wedding anniversary old world charm beautiful hotel the wait staff indoor pool steam room service was excellent main course chateaubriand dessert table
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I always said all my reviews would be totally honest. That being said, I had several issues with this place. The cleanliness factor was just not up to par, as we found candy behind the door, dead bugs on the windowsill, possibly blood stains on the comforters, and hair in the bathtub. Yes, it can sleep more than 2 people if the third person is willing to sleep on a small quite scuzzy pull out sofa. I asked for the sheets for the sofabed in the morning and by evening after dinner they still had not arrived. I went downstairs to get the sheets myself and made up the bed myself. The french doors between the bedroom and living room are clear glass meaning no privacy at all! The air conditioning is in the living room so that if you close the aforementioned french doors the bedroom is sweltering and the living room is freezing! Don't open the window because then the bugs descend. I understand that it is considered high season but this place was just not worth the price. I checked out the breakfast which is 25C$ per person and it was pretty average as well. The grounds are lovely but beware if you are bringing a dog along as the dog is not allowed on the lovely grounds.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank holidaytraveller982
chateauvaudreuil2013, Responsable des relations clients at Chateau Vaudreuil, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.
We do apologize for your experience with us.
We take your comments seriously and we would love to discuss this situation furthermore.
Please contact me at sonia@château-Vaudreuil.com

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Stayed five nights for a professional conference in late May. The room, facing the water was spacious and enjoyable. Large bathroom, huge tub/jacuzzi and a shower head that I (at 6'4") could clear by several inches! Bed was okay. We interacted considerably with banquet team for meals and special events. The food was abundant and good and a special shout out to Ryan and Sasha as well as Oliver at the front desk. Each were amazingly helpful with any requests. Do consider splurging for a water view room.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Eric T
chateauvaudreuil2013, Responsable des relations clients at Chateau Vaudreuil, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Eric,

Thank you for your feedback!
We are delighted to read about your last experience with us.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Beautiful property on the lake. Just off the highway which was convenient for us since we stopped only for a night on our way to Quebec, yet it was serene with sprawling grounds.
We stayed in a suite with king bed and sofa bed and it was big and comfortable for 4 adults for 1 night stay.
Staff were courteous and prompt.
The sofa bed was miserable. Ended up with severe back pain and couldn't sleep the entire night. Worst bed in all my travels :(

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank laxeash

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us!
We are happy to read about your last experience with us.
We appologize for the inconvenience of the sofa-bed, and will make adjustments to this suite.
We hope to see you again,

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I choose Chateau Vaudreuil to spend the day in an inspired setting and was overwhelmed by the kindness and wonderfulness of staff. Without exception, everyone I encountered was informed about food and beverage, and made me feel welcome (I was travelling alone, seeking a place to work/write). The food, bar, restaurant and external setting are gorgeous, and I am now enjoying the "tickling of the ivories" by talented pianist Ludwig. Bravo a tous! I will bring friends back :-)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for your feedback!
We are happy to read about your last experience with us.
Thank you for the warm compliments, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We stay here very regularly, and are never disappointed. While it is a beautiful hotel in a gorgeous lakeside location, it is the staff who really make the place special. They are always professional, friendly, and incredibly hard working - a job that is highly skilled and yet made to look effortlessly easy. Gabriel served us yesterday - a young man who will go far - thank you for your care and attention, friendly smile and professional manner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lakeside or garden side - gorgeous views.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback!
We are delighted to read about your last stay with us!
We will pass along the great compliments to our managers and employees.
Hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,