1,970 results
All reviews m club the concierge lounge lobby bar san francisco hanger steak sfo runway platinum member water view full service planes taking off and landing free shuttle great view of the bay nice walking path very nice hotel an early flight self parking business traveler
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

One of the better hotels close to SFO. It is Close to the airport with a free shuttle bus to and from the airport. It’s more then just an airport hotel. They have a wonderful lobby lounge/restaurant which has multiple types of seating. Good for meetings. It’s airy and spacious. I found the service to be prompt and cheerful. The rooms are fairly standard. Good shower pressure. Their M lounge breakfast and hors d’oeuvres.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Nice facility, clean and quiet rooms. Service at the Bell station/concierge was excellent. They held our luggage after we checked out and were very helpful assisting with directions and helping us secure transportation to San Francisco.

We had an early dinner at Flights 101 Lobby Lounge. Flat bread pizza was good but service was slow. I ordered a beer and it came in a bottle without a glass. I requested a glass, it was cold and frosted but was not clean. The fork was also not clean. It took me a while to flag down the server and request a clean glass and another fork. He finally delivered both without a word of apology or any expression of regret.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed there a lot over 10 + plus years for work . Great location for quick hotel stay and great shuttle service.
Love to stay there and three other places if book solid. You also close to trains and subways to downtown and local area for dining.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I am a Platinum Elite with marriott and have stayed previously 59 nights this year in Marriotts, so I know what to expect from hotels. I booked here for one night and checked out this morning and I am coming back next week for 3 nights (will be my last time I stay here). I would first of all advise you too look at the other hotels in the area, I have stayed at the Hilton and that was great and even the La Quinta was better than this. If you must stay loyal to Marriott for points etc, there is plenty of choice in the area over this overpriced hotel where I paid $369 for one night in a hotel with rude staff. I am coming back to the bay area next week and only staying here again because the team have booked and paid deposits etc.
I have stayed here a couple of times and the first time the hotel was going through a renovation I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I.e. slow restaurant staff (excuse was they had a conference on locally and couldn't cope with influx of guests). The valet was nowhere to be found at 6am and no one was answering the phone, again they were busy due to many guests being there. Strange this as it’s a hotel, you would expect them to be able to cope with guest numbers etc. This week before visiting the Bay Area I was skiing up at Tahoe and will be hitting the slopes at the end of my trip next week. I asked if they could store my Skis to save flying them back to Texas and back again on Monday (they are in a hard tube case that would take up a space about 8” x 8” if stood on its end). I was told by the bell desk that the maximum they would hold them was for 3 days. I checked with reception and asked if they could make an exception and was also told no, and if I leave them there longer than 3 days they will be sent to lost property off site. Here’s the thing about this, there was never a reason for 3 day policy, it can’t be lack of space because a colleague went in there to get a bag he had stored and he said the room was huge and empty. It was also the abrupt manner I was told by reception staff member just felt generally unfriendly. I spoke with other staff in the hotel i.e. bell desk, Starbucks, greeters etc and the thing about this hotel is there’s no welcoming feeling or staff wanting to make you feel valued or treated as a guest, it’s like they will do the bare minimum necessary, not what you expect from the main Marriott brand. No smiles, no offer of assistance etc. it’s like you are a commodity. Anyway, as consumers we have a choice and I would exercise that by choosing somewhere else to stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Director of Room Operations at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Paul A,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the poor service you experienced. We take pride in delivering superb service, and we apologize that we fell short.Thank you for your feedback, and we hope that you will give us another chance to demonstrate the excellent service you should have received on this visit. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Ali Lahip
Director of Room Operations

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is one of my all time favorite Marriotts, and my absolute favorite airport hotel. I love watching the planes coming in and being by the water is so nice.
I spent a lot of time in the club this trip, and there were many upgrades, which was nice. It would have been nice to have some bottled water although I appreciate the eco-conscious glass bottles.
As a platinum premiere staying 4 days, I would have hoped for a better upgrade on the room, but it was nice and the bed was very comfortable.
The housekeeper was very considerate, Sarita I think?, and we figured out the cleaning times the first day and she did a great job.
My only small complaint was when I checked in, I asked that my bookings be combined. I had 3 separate reservations due to some travel changes. I was told it was impossible and I would have to come back every day and check in again at the desk. The second day, a very nice person combined them and I did not have to come back to check in again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear jnetk,

Thank you for returning to San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront. We are pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us and that our associates, especially Sarita left you with a good impression of our hotel. With that said, your comments show that we have room for improvement, and we assure you we will be more diligent going forward. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ali Lahip