All reviews san francisco bit dated breakfast buffet free shuttle per day parking fee shuttle service convenient location business center cookies robe transit bart proximity bay trail
Reviewed 24 September 2018

If you are paying this category of hotel there are similar priced Westin and Marriott airport hotels nearby that you should consider first. Especially if you have status with SPG/Marriott.
The Westin airport is also overall a little bit nicer. Not sure about the Marriott's condition but I've heard it is nice. Platinum members of those hotels should consider them as you will get included breakfast as platinum benefits. I'm a Spire at IHG, and my benefits don't compare with my platinum benefits at Marriott (breakfast).

Otherwise just for hotel quality this hotel is only average, and the bathrooms as another user mentioned are showing their age. I'm not sure about shuttle service as I had a car.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
agmanager2016, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Thank you for your review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Sent to the Crowne Plaza when our flight was cancelled. Bauer's transport is contracted to drive the Crowne Plaza airport shuttle. Their driver refused to take any handicapped people even when they were able to load themselves. Slammed the door and tore out of the curbside at the airport taking two suitcases, a purse and a 91 year old man that is the spouse of one of our group with him! Refused to take the 10 people waiting to get to the hotel at 3 in the morning. We called Franklin's Transport - same size van, no problem, nice driver. Billed United for the shuttle for us.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beamr

We sincerely apologize for the experience you had with our shuttle service. I have addressed this with the shuttle company. We are working with the shuttle company to ensure better service after 2 AM for distressed airline passengers.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

This is along overdue review from my trip in March 2018. Pleasantly surprised and very pleased by the excellent amenities, room and service. Shuttle available to and from SFO. In lobby, vending machines, drinks and snacks easily available. Staff were super welcoming and recognized IHG Gold Elite with welcome amenity and points. Room was very comfortable and sleep aids much appreciated. There is a pool and a gym which is great to exercise pre-flight. Having been scarred for life by Kimpton Alexis in Seattle, this was a great spot and good value for money. Although Crowne Plaza is not considered "luxury" , for business travelers this is great.

Stayed: March 2018
agmanager2016, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to write your kind review of our hotel. Although your visit was a few months ago, your positive comments were worth the wait! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and being a loyal IHG Gold Elite member.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

I stayed here recently while on a layover from a long flight.

The hotel is located about 10 minutes drive from San Francisco Airport. You can catch the hotel shuttle to and from the airport, I have included an image with the schedule which we found to be quite accurate.

The rooms are ok, although do seem a little tired. The bathrooms are extremely tired and could use a makeover, most definitely the old bathtub and the shower.

Communal areas were ok, as was room service which we used, although I was not happy with a generous % service charge already being added to the Bill - this is often discretionary with a preset tray charge for the delivery.

Overalll the hotel was fine for what we paid (under $100) and I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EuroTravxx
agmanager2016, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your comments. We renovated our rooms last year and hope to do the bathrooms in the near future. We are glad to hear you would stay with us again. Thank you!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Arrived at San Francisco Airport in the late afternoon from Asia. Of course I was exhausted from the long flight and chose to break my journey at this hotel again before continuing on to another city.

Got my baggage after the immigration clearance and I was off to the departure level to hop onto the complimentary airport shuttle to the hotel. This is my 2nd stay at this hotel this year, I was impressed by the efficiency of the check-in process and friendly staff at the front desk. Just some simple verification and collecting a credit card for the deposit and off I was to the room.

I booked a room with a King Bed and as usual, was pleased with the room. The room was well maintained with a large flat screen TV, a very comfortable bed and pillow. There is also a huge desk for guests to work on their laptops. The bathroom is also spacious, well maintained and comes with good quality toiletries.

Had a good night's rest and woke up refreshed for my flight to my next destination. Thank you so much for the excellent stay and would choose this hotel for a good rest during transit!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor provide good views of the SFO Airport
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us again this year. Our front desk staff sincerely appreciated your comment on their friendly service. We hope you had pleasant journey to your destination.