“Excellent poke bowls!”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Toro offers a large choice of delicious poke bowls and sushi. You can customize your choice with a variety of sushi grade fish, rice, vegetables and sauces. The flavor is delicious and the portion is very generous! There are numerous sushi rolls to choose from as well. This is a small "street food" restaurant in downtown Burbank that does a lot of takeout business. There are a couple of tables outside and the service was excellent! I enjoyed Toro so much that I visited twice during my business trip. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 8 March 2016

My coworkers and I came here for lunch and were seated fairly quickly. Decor is beautiful, there is a great mural on the wall as you walk in. The service was good and the staff was polite (though I only got one refill on my drink). The poke bowl options are very good, you can choose from several proteins and select from white rice, brown rice, or spring mix. I went with the shrimp and spring mix with sriracha ponzu. Flavor was great, but for the price, would have liked more spring mix. It shouldn't add a lot to their bottom line to include and would feel much more satisfying. Overall, we agreed we were all happy with what we ordered, but for the $10 per bowl, we're not sure that it's something we will be returning for.

Reviewed 7 April 2015

The sushi is so poor I do not know where to begin. I hope I don't get worms from eating there. I honestly do not know how they stay in business.

Reviewed 7 November 2014

An unexpected entertaining experience at hidden treasure situated before everyone's eyes in downtown Burbank. It's chef, Tomo is a dynamic sushi artist who's creative genius, story telling & sense of humor is contagious and refreshing! The walls in this eccentric restaurant are littered with dollar bills autographed by customers with all kinds of salutations!! Sushi is DELICIOUS and are creative expressions of Tomo. Reasonably priced. All kinds of autographs from granny to movie artists to peruse through... Fun!

Reviewed 10 September 2014

I stopped in for dinner on Saturday. I grabbed a seat at the sushi bar, which was easy because no one else was at the sushi bar. I ordered a Kirin Light and checked off a few items on the order form. The beer could have been a bit colder, but it was ok. The Hamachi roll I ordered was good, but nothing more. The spicy tuna hand roll was just a blob of tuna with way too much rice. I also found it to be very bland. Even though I was quite hungry, I was pretty sure that the same blandness would continue on other items and be just as average.

Been to Tomo Sushi? Share your experiences!