“Solid Breakfast Choice”

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #11 of 267 Restaurants in Buena Park
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Description: When you’re based in the home of Knott’s Berry Farm, it’s imperative that you make a real impression to your guests. Luckily, that’s exactly what the Black Bear Diner in Buena Park is able to do. From the moment you step in the door, you’ll be exposed to nothing but the very best in service and food preparation. We don’t let anyone leave our diner without being fully satisfied.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A solid choice for breakfast- good food, large portions, fair prices. Typical diner fare with lots of comfort food offerings.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Black Bear Diner breakfast is always good! The service was great! Loud atmosphere for people with kids!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 15 February 2018

First of all I just love the black bear theme and the overall look of the restaurant. The food is great for the most part but of course on occasion the food can be off. Last night I had the Prime Rib and it looked unappetizing and weird but tasted just ok. The reason I gave this restaurant a 4, rather than a 5, is that the staff are overworked. In my opinion they have too few servers and they have them working two dining rooms that are separated by a kitchen and quite a distance from each other. One time when we had breakfast we waited a very long time for our breakfast order and then I noticed it was sitting up on the counter for quite a while before it was delivered to us. The breakfast was not only cold but not how we ordered it. Let me just say we do love this restaurant and everyone here is hardworking but again in my opinion they are understaffed. Most of the time the service is fast but on occasion it lacks. We have been to this restaurant many times in the past several years and will continue to do so. This restaurant could easily be a 5 with a little effort on the managements part.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I don’t often give 5 stars to a chain but the food here was solid. I had the cinnamon roll French toast with a side of hash browns which were great. My wife had a 2 egg breakfast although the bread was a little under toasted. Service started a little slow but the Rose the server acknowledged and apologized (which is better then most places that ignore it). Overall while I like Denny’s I found the food here a step up. Would come back to Black bear again.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner after closing out the park at Knott’s Berry Farm. We were all starving and as soon as we were seated one server came to take our drink order and to tell us Rose would be helping us. Our drinks arrived promptly and the hot chocolate was amazingly good. Rose came by and apologized and said she would be right with us. She was so nice and welcoming. My husband had a question about menu items and Rose was knowledgeable and provided great input. I had the eggs, bacon and pancakes. I asked for my bacon burnt and my eggs over medium. My order was perfect. The food was wonderful. My husband had the cinnamon French toast and it was also delicious. Rose was attentive and very accommodating to our daughter who is a super picky eater. We hadn’t been to Black Bear in years but now will be regulars. Excellent food and outstanding service. Everyone working in the restaurant we dealt with was friendly and nice.

Date of visit: January 2018