“Beautiful and charming cottage with excellent...”
other travellers have booked this property
View of Staircase one From upstairs Loft
From upstairs Loft
Kitchen Gas Stove
Kitchen Sink
Upstairs Livingroom
Upstairs Porch and bedroom reading room
Outdoor view
Village near the house
Back Deck next to Japanese soaking Tub
Upstairs Porch
Downstaird livingroom at night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
amcgillyc...
Wassenaar, The Netherlands
“Beautiful and charming cottage with excellent owners”
Reviewed 16 January 2015 for a stay in June 2014

I just realized as I was reviewing places from our Christmas holiday that I had never submitted a review for the cottage in Bolinas, where we stayed last June. We were just preparing to move out of the country last summer, and I lost track. I particularly wanted to get my review in, as not only was it a truly wonderful place to stay, but the owners were exceptionally nice. My son left my best pair of earbuds and the carrying case in the house somewhere, and Sha Sha found them and mailed them to me, catching us at my parent's house before we departed for the Netherlands. I was just using these same earbuds on our Christmas holiday trip to Sri Lanka, and wanted to thank Sha Sha again for her kindness in getting them back to me. The cottage is charming and comfortable, we are a family of 4 (2 young boys) and were very happy there. The kids loved it. The upstairs patio is fabulous. It is a very short walk to the charming town of Bolinas. I would love to have the chance to stay there again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
28 Mar 2016
Well thank you for taking the time. Yes we remember you. Guess you enjoyed the outdoor bath on the patio,very sunny out there with an umbrella and you are on the edge of a quail reserve. Hope you enjoy the Netherlands. WE await your return someday. Meeting people is the best part of this business
37thStree...
San Francisco, California
“Warm, Cozy, and Enchanting”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

This place was more than we anticipated!....
It felt like we were transported to Middle Earth, and visiting Bilbo Baggins. It was so cozy, endearing, and tucked away.

We loved exploring all it's nooks and crannies, with all of it's trinkets and accessories. The claw footed tube was huge, the fire was warm, and there were so many amenities.

The town was beautiful as well, and the seafood was five stars. The dog park was conveniently located, and the beach was so amazing.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
9 Dec 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write,we are so used to the house we dont even notice its qualities. I appreciate too you bought a piece of the house to take home with you
Sally5450
Dallas, Texas
“Very charming”
Reviewed 7 May 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

From the moment we spotted this property online, we called it "the hippie house," because of its peaceful, eclectic qualities and design. It did not disappoint us and we loved staying there for our week in magical Bolinas. The kitchen is very tiny - not as functional as I would have liked, but we ate out most of the time anyway. Everything in Bolinas is within walking distance of the cottage and it's a great location to explore Marin County and the Bay Area.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the charm of the cottage and the location
Liked least: the kitchen
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
7 May 2013
Thanks for your review.The downstairs was built in 1910 so they did not have large kitchens in those days,Though we have old fashioned gas stove,microwave,toaster oven,hot pot,waffle maker,and coffee maker. But all those things take up counter space. But many have cooked a Thanksgiving dinner.Thanks for coming!
Grass Valley
Reviewed 3 July 2011 for a stay in June 2011
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
3 Jul 2011
Thanks Cindy for taking the time out to review the cottage
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;