“Gem in Bodega”

Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Was in town for a pre-birthday celebration and my wife found Terrapin Creek Cafe. First when you walk in there is a sense of sophistication without being pretentious. Friendly staff (who we learned later were the owners), great ambiance and fantastic food. We started with 8 local Miyagi Oysters that were prepared so beautifully, with just the right amount of shallot & fennel mignonette, and a glass of Brut Rose bubbly. Then we had all starters; Hamachi Crudo, Pan Roasted Hokkaido Scallops and Charred Octopus and Cauliflower Salad. The only slight suggestion I would have is the Hamachi was a tad overpowered by the parsley and radish salsa. Finished with the chocolate mousse for me and bread pudding for my wife. The mousse wasn't super sweet, which was great because some I've had at other restaurants are just WAY too much. I had a nice late harvest Syrah with it which was fabulous. Our server was super friendly and on point.The pacing of the food was perfect. When in Bodega Bay, this place is a MUST!!

1  Thank Alana F

Reviewed 11 February 2018

We had heard about Terrapin Creek from friends and we were not disappointed. From the soup to the scallops, which made my husband so happy it was all wonderful. My sea bass was tender and my husband ate every last bite of his clams with chorizo. The service was so friendly and helpful - we did not want for anything. As we left, my husband started planning what he would be ordering when we returned. Terrific date night!!!

Reviewed 11 February 2018

We had a wonderful early dinner after a great afternoon hike at she'll beach to Pomo canyon. The food was top notch and cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely evening here. The food was amazing! The scallops and duck came highly recommended and didn't disappoint.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

This does not disappoint. We always enjoy the menu selection, and wine list. The options are appropriate for all patrons.