See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is not a five star resort, if you come here expecting the Hilton you will be disappointed. I, however, would trade all the five star, over sanitized, cookie cutter resorts in the world for this location. This is a funky, dated, small furnished apartment that is better equipped than any business condo that I have ever been put up in.
It is on the water. Not close to the water, not steps from the water, not minutes from the water, On the water. There is a seal swimming by as I write this. We had intended to eat out but the location was so perfect we ended up living on appetizers and wine for 2 days. A roaring fire while a storm raged through followed by a calm so complete that you can't tell where the channel markers end and their reflection takes over.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
21  Thank grizwald
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed 3 times at "The Bay's Edge" to bring our out of town guests. Everybody loved it. It is a very charming, comfortable place with excellent view, tastefully decorated with a fully equipped kitchen and modern luxuries such as flat TV and wireless. The landlady is very nice. I am surprised at the negative reviews. For us, staying in a historic old building was part of the charm. I highly recommend it to anybody who is seeking quiet, cozy place with a killer view.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank HappyAtBay
Reviewed 20 April 2013

My fiancé and I spent two nights in the 2 BR and were surprised at how different it looked from the pictures posted. It was very musty smelling and dated. Yes, it was well equipped, especially the kitchen, but it was not very clean. There were ants all over the counters both days. The beds were hard and the "luxury" linens literally had bleached out spots all over them. The bathroom was good sized but old and the plastic shower curtain was ancient. Ants all over the floor in there too. The driveway down to the very small parking area was very steep and difficult to maneuver with other cars there. We couldn't get the tv to work and had to call the owner to come up and try to figure it out. I guess we paid for the location because not much else was worth the price. It does have an interesting "history" but still not worth the $$$. It could be a fabulous place with lots of work, paint, a good thorough cleaning, and decent mattresses. Next time I will stay in one of the "newer" places next door or down the ways a bit. Overall, very disappointed and don't understand the 4 or 5 star reviews. Are you sure you stayed at the same place?

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Janice54
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We spent a week at this property in the middle of September. The living area was great for 2 people and very
comfortable. A flat screen TV, DVDs and WiFi connection gave us all we needed. It was all very clean and well
stocked with cooking appliances and crockery etc. We moved the table to get the best view of the bay.
The bed was extremely comfortable and there was a good closet. A dresser would have been good for us as we
had clothes for an extended holiday, but we managed. The bathroom was well equipped although the shower
was a bit tired. Good water pressure though. The weather was cold for the first few days, and we did not realise
the rooms had heaters as well as a woodburning stove, but once we found them we were nice and cosy. The resident seagull was great fun and so trusting of people who fed it. The balcony was fantastic, and the views of
the water, the fog, the boats, seals, dolphins and loads of birds, made this an ideal holiday for us.
The only thing we found difficult was the steep path down to the house, and the tight turning for the car,
especially with another car there.
Good restaurants in the area, and Diekman's Bay Stores had everything we needed. Try their chicken curry
from the deli, it was excellent. Wildflour Bakery at Freestone worth a visit; also Fort Ross, Occidental, and the Russian River.
Thank you Mary Jane for renting us part of your home.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My mom and I stayed there awhile back and I've been hesitant to write a review since the other reviews have been so favorable. There is no doubt that the location it perfect. But.....we stayed in the 2 bedroom and there were more negatives than positives. The beds were comfortable and clean. The bathroom was ancient...old wooden toilet seat with old fixtures. Ugh! There was no soap in the soap dispenser in the shower. The shower walls (tile) were from the 1940's and grossly stained. I wish I brought flip flops to wear in the shower. The shower curtain was old and moldy. The kitchen was well stocked with dishes etc, but obviously the kitchen wasn't used often as the dishes and utentils were dusty and dingy. The stuffed bears in the living room were dusty and the place was just not my idea of clean. The carpets were old and stained....1960's style. Well, suffice it to say, we decided couldn't take staying there a second night and left after the first night, even though we had paid for 2 nights. It was worth losing several hundred dollars for the second night, instead of feeling creepy the whole time. Unless that room has been remodeled, I wouldn't recommend this place. You are definately paying for location only as the rest of the place is in sore need of cleaning/remodeling. We've since stayed at the Bodega Bay Lodge which was awesome and less expensive!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family