“Hats off to Emily”

Drakes Sonoma Coast
Reserve with OpenTable
Drakes Sonoma Coast is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Doran Park Road
Description: Drakes Sonoma Coast celebrates the local bounty of Sonoma's spectacular coastal region. Executive Chef Lloyd Norton excels in finding local, sustainably sourced ingredients, to prepare a menu that delights the senses. A large stone fireplace imbues a warm, casual ambiance, offset by panoramic views of Bodega Bay and the Pacific Ocean. Savor wines from the most exciting boutique vineyards in the Sonoma County, local craft beers and signature cocktails expertly mixed with a twist. Drakes is located at the Bodega Bay Lodge but is not exclusive to hotel guests. Open to the public for breakfast and dinner, Drakes is the perfect place to start or finish your day.
Reviewed 11 July 2018

We were on our trip to Bodega Bay and found this restaurant. I was curious. The food was good but as we were waiting to be seated we chatted with a lovely girl , Emily , who gave us a couple ideas to see and was so sweet and thoughtful, she was patient and kind as we (I) bombarded her with questions.. We enjoyed our dinner and the trotted off to find those hidden gems she mentioned the very next day. This made our day and I just wanted to thank her for making our visit so wonderful. We will come in again, for sure.

Christopher C, General Manager at Drakes Sonoma Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Hi Tracey11112020,

Thank you so much for your review here on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate you visiting Drakes and for taking the time to provide us the details of your experience. We will certainly share this wonderful review with Emily as well. She is a wonderful young talent here at the property and I am so glad to hear you got to meet her.

Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2018

We couldn’t find the restaurant from the parking lot as the signage was not clear. Once we stumbled inside (with a few minutes to spare for our reservation), we struggled to find a host/hostess and finally tracked down the sommelier who had someone seat us at an absurdly large 4-top for my fiancé and me. We settled in, little did we know it would be a 120 minute journey through Bodega Bay’s most mediocre and overpriced dining experience we hope exists. Once we were told the soup de jour and which cheeses were already sold out, we placed a drink order which took 40 minutes. Eventually we received oysters (embarrassingly small), local cheese (actually pretty good) and mains (mediocre for mid-$30 price point, the green sauce on the scallops tasted like ripe bananas). We placed a dessert order so we could finish the glasses of wine we had ordered but it never came to our table. The table next to us most likely received our dessert (and these stand up folks proceeded to eat it and then ask the waitress where the different dessert they ordered was). Our waitress never addressed the misexecution so we cancelled our order and asked for the check. It’s not that this place sucks, but the service was horrible and the price point clearly overshot what they delivered. Don’t come here.

1  Thank Michael J
Christopher C, General Manager at Drakes Sonoma Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Hi Michael J,

Reading your feedback is certainly not the type of experience we are working so hard to deliver. I apologize we let you down on this night. I believe your constructive criticism comes from an honest place and I can assure you we do not take it lightly. I have already shared this with our entire F&B leadership team and will follow up personally on how we feel we could've missed on so many levels, I can assure you this is not the typical experience.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Had breakfast and dinner at Drakes. The service was top notch. The food was fantastic. The views of the Pacific were the best.

Thanks Jackie!

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your meals at Drakes! Please come back and see the improvements we are making everyday. Currently we have a brand new bar under renovation and new menu items coming soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Very much enjoyed our date night here and was impressed by the hostess as she was friendly and quick to get us seated. Looking forward to returning soon

Hi Jenhopley1976,

Thank you so much for dining with us. I am so pleased to hear you had a great first impression at the host stand and I will share this with the team! We can't wait for you to come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

had breakfast and I had an omelet, The food was delicious and good sourdough toast. The place was very busy so the staff was pushed with all the customers. Service was a bit slow and not much in refresh coffee however they were super busy and did a very good job. Even the manager was pitching in to bus tables and the wait person was super nice so did not mind at all.

Thank you so much for your review! I am so pleased you had a great experience at Drakes and that the team was accommodating even with a busy restaurant. I love to hear of the team work happening and will certainly share this with the restaurant staff.

Please come back and see us soon.