“Good food”

Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Great food, friendly service and spectacular views await you at Lucas Wharf Restaurant in Bodega Bay. We are a waterfront seafood restaurant on the beautiful Sonoma Coast, about 1-1/2 hours north of San Francisco and just minutes away from the wine country. We have a cozy lounge with a fireplace and a patio for outside dining. From your dinner table you might see the local fishermen unloading their catch on our dock while sea lions play in the water below and pelicans sail by overhead. We offer a large selection of seafood choices, plus steaks, pastas and vegetarian options. We have several unique signature dishes (calamari!) And delicious, seasonal dinner specials. We have a full bar and proudly feature premium Sonoma County wines and local draft beers. So, for either a romantic sunset dinner, a quick bite on your way through town or after a lazy day at the beach with the kids, visit Lucas Wharf Restaurant, family owned and operated since 1984.
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I’ve eaten here a couple of times and it’s always good. Great location. I just got a beet salad to go one night and it was delicious and came with a big chunk of bread.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Went to Lucas Wharf a couple weeks ago on a bright and sunny day for a late lunch. View of water from almost anywhere in the restaurant. We both had a fried seafood combo which consisted of shrimp, scallops, fish and oysters. Excellent. It comes with in-house cole-slaw which is super good. And fries, which are very average. They bring a loaf of bread to begin with. Not warm and not very soft, or very tasty. But I highly recommend the seafood platter that comes with the cole-slaw. I'd definitely go back. Also, the Salmon Creek Chardonnay is excellent.
I think the price was around $21.95 for the dish.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Lucas' has a wide variety of seafood on their dinner menu, as well as a great bar, all topped of by a great harbor view. Seafood always fresh and prepare just the right way. Family friendly but intimate for those wishing this type of atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

We arrived in Bodega Bay on Christmas Eve and there weren't many restaurants open, so Lucas Wharf was a lucky pick. We got there as the sun was going down and were seated immediately. The menu offered a lot of choices but I had been wanting Dungeness crab, which was in season. I had half a crab steamed with potatoes and corn on the cob. Wonderful! We shared some raw local oysters for an appetizer. My dinner partner had a baked fish dish that he enjoyed. The restaurant was nicely decorated and the staff was great, especially since I know they all wanted to go home for Christmas Eve.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

We choose Lucas Wharf for its rating and nice views. We were a group of 6 women and they sat us at a back table that had a wall in front of it and obscured the view. When I asked to move the hostess said they had a big group coming in so we sat our table without complaint. Our waiter was lovely and is the reason for 2 stars. The food however was lackluster and didn’t have that fresh sea food feel that you’d hope for in such a location. The large group never arrived and where we had asked to sit, instead 2 parties of 6 were sat 15 minutes after we arrived. In addition the hostess rudely told members of our party not to walk certain places although there was no clear path to enter and exit the dining room and when we told her we were just trying to exit, her response with an eye roll was “good”. I find this to be unacceptable as we are not a bunch of middle schoolers that were causing trouble and deserve to be treated the same as any other group of guests.

1  Thank Mary Beth F