“Easter Day Brunch at the Bay View Restaurant”

Bay View Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Bay View Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 26 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This restaurant is part of the Inn at the Tides Hotel, an upscale hotel overlooking Bodega Bay. It's a little pricey, and is not as popular as the mid-range priced Tide's Wharf Restaurant across the street, The Bay View Restaurant is a more formal setting, and it has a great blue water view of Bodega Bay. We've eaten there once before, about a year ago, and we remember it being pretty good. But the experience at the Easter Brunch has changed our view. Today, the restaurant was outstanding. The two of us each had pretty much the same thing, Our appetizer was an asparagus cream soup with bay shrimp, It was delicious! Our entrée was fillet mignon, and it was among the best we have EVER had. This was an obviously well aged cut, and it was incredibly tender, and very nicely prepared. The meal was served simply, with roasted potatoes, asparagus, and bordelaise sauce. The portion was very generous. Dessert was a freshly prepared lava cake with an ample serving of raspberry sauce. The service was very attentive. My only criticism is that the service staff was a little too focused on clearing plates from the table - several times asking if they could clear plates that we were still using. But, this was a minor issue and did not detract the least bit from a superb meal. We shall definitely visit there again.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We love coming here during crab season. The crab is excellent and the food service is wonderful. The ambiance is a bit dated and the florescent lighting is a buzz kill. Once we acclimate to the lighting and the conference-room-like-chairs, we focus on the crab and it's great.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We had never been here, so decided to try it for Restaurant Week. First, the negative. The waitress was very kind and attentive, but she whisper-rmumbled and could not really answer any questions about the food. The veal was ok, but was a weak spot in the meal. Everything else on the plate was yummy... but the veal itself must have been fairly low quality.

Now the Delicious!! They have a real gem of a chef here. Everything here seemed to have a genuine Italian flare and the chef is, indeed, from Italy.

Olives were first rate, as was the bread and butter. Caesar salad was super with high quality cheese anchovies. The star of the show was the eggplant appetizer (I'm not usually an eggplant fan) which was like a wonderful warm cheesy plate with deliciously strong red sauce. My chicken breast with lemon linguine was rich, creamy perfection. The chicken was tender and high quality, and the noodles perfectly done.

Tiramisu was great... so often it's too sweet, but this was not. I could taste all the separate layers of flavor. Lava cake was as usual... warm, chocolaty and a crowd pleaser. As mentioned, they offer a complimentary glass of dessert wine, which was yummy ad oh, so Italian.

I highly recommend giving this place a try! The view was lovely, to boot!!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

The maitre d' was attentive and professional and made sure we had a window table overlooking the water. But after that, the facade crumbled. When I eat at a restaurant that charges higher than average prices I expect it to pay attention to details. Part of the justification for spending more is the ambiance and experience.

The waiter could not answer questions about the wine. I made a blind selection and it was okay, not exactly what I had in mind, but not bad. His bangs almost completely covered his eyes so he was constantly sweeping them aside.

I was disappointed in the presentation of our meals. There was no garnish or color introduced on the plates. I had the Pollo Piccata and it was dry. The menu description was not correct. "Thinly sliced chicken breast" is not the same as two tiny whole breasts. The portions of chicken, potatoes, and spinach were anemic. My husband's seafood fettuccine had one large prawn and a large scallop and that's it. The food was not bad tasting overall, it just wasn't the meal experience I expected for $130.

All patrons are offered complimentary dessert wine. It was pretty good.

1  Thank Staci O
Reviewed 21 January 2018

We have been to this fine dining Bay View Restaurant a number of times and never get tired of their excellent food. The service was excellent, the food was excellent, our filet and sea bass presentation was beautiful. The filet could be cut with a butter knife, it was so tender. The sea bass was cooked to perfection. A good selection of wind and drinks. Desserts were a little small for the price but still good. I would recommend eating here.