Bodega Bay Lodge(Bodega Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 262
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 340/night.

Bodega Bay Inn(Bodega Bay)
USD 204
USD 247
Bodega Harbor Inn(Bodega Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 130
TripAdvisor
All reviewscomplimentary bottle of winefog hornbay view restaurantcomplimentary breakfastice machinebit datedpool and hot tubwood burning fireplacean updatesmall patiosonoma coastlarge roombeautiful groundsking bedwharfrobeslogs
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Stayed one night and enjoyed the sunset from the windows in our room. If you want a view, ask for a room up the hill. We didn't want to pay extra for a fireplace or balcony but we still had a beautiful view of the Bay.

I wish I could remember the name of staff person at check-in. She was excellent: Friendly and welcoming and gave us good tips for hiking and dining.

Also enjoyed the outdoor jacuzzi by the pool. Temp was just right for a hot soak after hiking. It was a bit too cold for us to swim in the pool but the pool is heated so some people had a quick dip.

A note to readers nervous about staying here based on some pretty bad reviews: Ignore those reviews. Every room has been updated, the restaurant food was very good, the staff were friendly and responsive. Our room was totally comfortable and clean - great beds. Quiet, too.

I do recoommend breakfast accross the street - it's included in your room price and you'll be right on the water. Great service. While we ate we saw beautiful birds (including Scoters) plus a few seals. The breakfasts are complete and filling. A nice feature.

Room Tip: If you want views of the bay, ask for a room up the hill.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire S
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We stayed in a King ocean view room with fireplace. It was cozy and romantic.
Our unit was up on the hill so the ocean view was distant but it was still very nice.
The room was very clean and the bath towels were soft and fluffy!!
We were by the ice maker and the people upstairs had children running around but neither bothered us much.
Some things you must expect when staying at a hotel.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018

taff at check in was polite. She was not warm or welcoming. Asking a question seemed to bother her. The stairs were missing part of the handrail. The room has screens that do not fit and are sort of laid on top of the window and wedged in. The blinds had broken slats. The couch was filthy and torn at the bottom (underneath fabric could be seen). The headboard had a big, oily swatch on it. The housekeeping was absurd - left garbage on bathroom counter (empty coffee packets), only cleaned and replaced one coffee mug. Haphazard at best. Definitely not insulated from noise.

눇The location in Bodega is splendid, and we had a good view from our room.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bevkearneymsw
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Deluxe King Vaulted w/view & fireplace

Room was large and clean but dated. Bathroom was clean/newly remodeled, plenty of towels but just basic toiletries. Bed was on the hard side but pillows and bedding were nice. WiFi was NOT strong enough to stream so don't bother counting on that. You'll be stuck watching commercial TV. The view is from a high point across the street, not right on the shore. We didn't hear any noise through the walls at night but could hear children in the pool screaming/laughing even with the windows closed. We didn't use the fireplace but it burns Duraflame logs; it is not natural gas. We didn't use the pool/sauna/hot tub but, even though the weather was cold, others were using it so the pool must be well-heated. It was large and looked like fun but too many kids for us. The bottle of wine in the room is a nice thought but it's pretty low-end and ours was white. We only drink red.

Nice little front room in main building with TVs and tables with padded comfy chairs. It has a view and we played board games there. It had bigger windows than our room and no noise from the pool.

ADA only on ground level. Only steps to the upper floor. Ample parking spaces.

The woman who helped us at the desk was there the entire weekend and she was very helpful and pleasant. She lives on the property.

I will refrain from judging whether or not the room was worth the money because I don't know what other rooms in the area cost. We won't go back to Bodega Bay because there weren't things to do that we normally like to do, such as antique/vintage shopping.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Staci O
Reviewed 16 February 2018

I had what I think was called a deluxe room. It had a fireplace and was on the second floor so it had a nice view of the bay and the ocean beyond. It was a little hard for me to get up the stairs, having a disability issue and when I made the reservation I did not realize there would be stairs involved. It was one large room with a sitting area and table by the window.

The price was pretty high, over $300 for one night, but I used credits from a hotel booking company that I had been wanting to use for quite a while.

The room was a bit dated but perfectly comfortable. It was nice having a fireplace and two Duraflame logs were provided along with a bottle of wine, both of which were put to good use. It would have been nice if the wine had been chilled or I knew were to get ice for the ice bucket in the room, but no big deal. There was a one cup coffee maker with plenty of supplies.

I had dinner at the Bay View restaurant on site (where the registration desk is located). My nephew and his boyfriend live in the area so I treated them to dinner. Dinner was very nice and dinner for three with two bottles of wine and a nice tip came to $270, so it was good I had a free room.

The only issue I had was that when I tried to check-in on Saturday afternoon on February 10, the clerk at the desk said the room was not ready so she would call when it was ready. Check-in is at 4 PM. By the time 4 PM came no one called so I checked back and the guy at the desk said the room was ready even though I was never called and was waiting out front for at least 1/2 hour after doing some sightseeing.

I would stay again if I got a good deal. While you are there drive around the bay over to the park that overlooks the Pacific. The view is stunning. Very nice area although The Birds were a bit rowdy. ;)

Room Tip: Rooms with the best views involve using stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo