“Great Cottage - Great Location”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ScottMass...
Massachusetts
“Great Cottage - Great Location”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

As a first time visitor to Prince Edward Island, I was not sure what to expect from the island or from my accomodations. Having just returned, I can say I had a wonderful visit to PEI and I could not have been more pleased with the Northern Knights cottage itself. The cottage is one of a handful of seasonal cottages located on a small rise about a hundred yards from the ocean (with a great picturesque beach) at the end of a quiet road.
Although I can't say how old the cottage is, I can say it felt like new to me. Clearly the cottage has been renovated top to bottom recently with fresh paint, new furniture, new appliances etc. In addition to being immaculate, the cottage was really well equipped, with everything one could expect or hope to find in a vacation rental. Unless you're after something truly posh and luxurious (which you may not find anywhere on PEI) you really can't go wrong with this cottage.
The cottage is centrally located in my opinion in the most scenic area of the island. It is close to Cavendish and the National parks and relatively close to Charlottetown as well, yet nicely situated in a quiet, rural area.
The only thing I would add is to remember the cottage is located amongst others, so if your after complete privacy this may not be the best choice. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this cottage to a couple or a small family. Like PEI itself, the cottage is a simple straightforward welcoming place.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
cmvEdmont...
Edmonton
“3 sisters getaway - loved cottage, beach, location, and conveniences”
Reviewed 24 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

It was a challenge to find a cottage that had 3 bedrooms on the main floor, and were absolutely delighted with this Sea View Cottage. The first drive out from the airport might have been a challenge, but Jim provided such excellent directions and so we found it easily. This became our home base as we did day trips around the island on a lighthouse hunt, to the North and East Capes. Kensington ceilidh was a great evening out, and St. Ann's church lobster supper was fantastic. Anne of Green Gables museums and interactive sites were so close! We loved seeing the fox along the roadsides there, as well as the one by our cottage one morning. It was an easy drive to Charlottetown to see the musicals and sites. Drove to Lennox Island for some fabulous shopping of First Nations items. Thanks to Jim for giving us a delayed checkout to accommodate our flights home.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The sense of privacy with close access to the beach and other sites
Liked least: Didn't have any dishwasher soap
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ON
Reviewed 5 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Montreal QC
Reviewed 5 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Ontario
Reviewed 20 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing