Review Highlights

Reviewed 26 October 2018
mlb186643
Wexford, Ireland
via mobile

All reviews entrance fee pony rides bouncy castle for sale crepes hot dogs gift shop seating area per child opening times apple juice sheltered courtyard pumpkins pigs witch halloween orchard
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Get the kids off the i-phones , the tablets , forget about Fortnight and haul them off to the Applecross farm in Bridgetown. Fresh air , nice easy country walks amidst the pumpkin patches and apple orchards. Lots to see around the farm buildings ... pigs , ponies , chickens , ducks , rabbits , turkeys and even an Emu. You can have tractor or horse drawn ride , pony rides and there is even a pedal go-cart track to expend some energy. When hunger strikes you can fill up on sausage and chips.

1  Thank mlb186643
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely place to visit. Well worth a look. My 3 year old really enjoyed it. The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is that it’s not really set up for prams. Also it wasn’t very clear about what was where. There were various trails but hard to figure what was down each.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Getting ready for Halloween? This is the place to go, and do bring your children. The pet farm is great, they can feed the goats, pet the horses, stuff themselves with popcorn and hot dogs, and have a wonderful time choosing their favorite pumpkin.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I was here today with my family 3 teenagers and my Mam. I paid 22,50€ and my Mam another 5,50€. I do understand the cost of running a place might be expensive.
But what you should not do as a business to advertise something and set wrong expectations, that is very shocking as you go on a tractor picking pumpkin trail and then are expected to pay over priced pumpkins. Well it should state pumpkins aren’t included.

Then you mention this to staff and even the owner brush you off saying sure I can’t give the pumpkin for free or get told from 2 very unfriendly ladies at the entrance, after I wanted my money back as this isn’t worth anyone’s time or money and definitely not mine. I was refused.

The shock came when I was told oh you are German ? And was laughed at ???? Well yes I am was this a hint as German people say something and Irish less? Or was it to grow a friendship as the owners are German?? I have no idea but I class this behavior as extremely unprofessional.

Overall conclusion: if any of those people I spoke to would of said in a nice manner sorry that it is misleading and gave us an apple each some sort of gesture . I would of bought a pumpkin. But after all this I bought mine in the supermarket for 4€ instead of 7€.
Also I was told not everyone wants to pick a pumpkin, ahmmm yeah right they only want a tractor ride and go without a pumpkin?! Really?! And you guys believe those statements?!

Never had such a bad experience, places like wells house are 100 times better. Ballycross you really should train staff better and if advertise something state the full cost , at least say pumpkins aren’t included in entrance fee , it could prevent angry customers. Never again and as I live here I will pass on the message to my friends.

Customer service fail

3  Thank Sandra K
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Well, this was a surprise. We popped in to have a look at this farm and it turned out to be a treat. We stayed from when it opened until about 5pm and picnicked in the afternoon. With the peddle powered buggy track there was enough for my teenagers to do too.
NB. It's not open in the week as it's a working farm then. Check weekend opening times but at €4 each it's good value.

Date of experience: August 2018