Review Highlights
Great place to visit

Lovely place to visit. Well worth a look. My 3 year old really enjoyed it. The only reason I gave 4... read more

Reviewed 14 October 2018
583ejordan
Dublin, Ireland
via mobile
Quality and even more quality!

Lovely to get fresh produce and set in a lovely surroundings.There is an admission charge but you... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
lowry0195
Aylesbury, United Kingdom

All reviews entrance fee pony rides bouncy castle for sale crepes hot dogs gift shop seating area per child opening times apple juice sheltered courtyard pumpkins pigs witch halloween orchard
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I visited Ballycross with my 3 year old. It was a Saturday afternoon and we arrived at 2pm. The charge in was €4 for me and €3 for my son. While paying the lady told us that we could help feed the chickens and lambs and then go on a pony ride! There was also a bouncy castle and pedal carts. All of this was included in the very small entrance fee. A can of 7up, a juice and waffle with ice cream was €7 and the waffle with ice cream was delicious! I've visited Ballycross for pumpkin picking as well and we also loved that. Ballycross is small but beautiful and very clean and well run. In my opinion it's perfect for smaller kids and parents to pass an afternoon.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We had been here many years ago when the children were young ,we decided it was time for a return visit . We went during the school holidays during Halloween ,it was very busy . We tasted the apples that were on sale they were delicious . Fruit juices were very tasty . I can't comment on the cafe as it was way to busy for us to try. The wee shop that had gifts for sale was somewhat expensive . There was a variety of animals horses,donkeys, pigs ,ostrich, alpaca and a variety of diffrent birds . Staff were friendly , play area for the children.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

I was over visiting family & we decided to visit. Whilst there we witnessed a young boy fall off the back of the tractor during a ride!!! The animals are gorgeous (as animals usually are). But in my opinion it’s extremely worrying to see a horse wince when petted gently. The horses in the stables didn’t really have adequate room and appeared distressed in my opinion. The goats had plenty of room though & I did enjoy feeding them grass!

The cafe was expensive, but was fresh, so that’s ok. The waffles and crepes were a hit with everybody!

All in all, it was ok, but I won’t rush to visit again on my next trip to Ireland!

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Visited ballycross, yesterday for Halloween. My children are teenagers, but we all including myself had a great day. Loved the trails, also the lovely free hot apple juice after it, from the witches couldren. Lovely jester. Loved the pumpkin farm and such friendly staff, especially the pumpkin man and the tractor driver. A great day out for young and old. Next time I can’t wait to try the restaurant. I am looking forward to what will be going on for Christmas.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Paid €15 for a family of two adults and 3 children in for a walk in the woods, to look at chickens, rabbits, goats and to pick out over priced pumpkins and buy overpriced gifts in the shop. Every corner you turn you would have to put your hand in your pocket for extras, eg the fairy woods walk was an extra euro per person, a lift on the tractor trailer €1.50 extra. The place hasn't a patch on Wells house or secret valley. There is no opportunity at all for the kids to get close to any animals like at other farms. Waste of an afternoon, would def not recommend!

1  Thank walshpaul31