“The Luna's house”
Review of Juan Luna Shrine

Juan Luna Shrine
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Badoc
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This place where is one of the historical tourist attraction. Even though we cannot go inside, the outside was enough. They still preserved the ancient source of water. It was well preserved and maintained building.

All reviews
"parisian"
"tourist"
"site"

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Stopped here on my way to Laoag. Juan Luna was a prominent painter and political activist in the late 1800's and born in Badoc. Can go upstairs and see the lovely antique and parisian furniture, paintings and surrounds of his residence. Well maintained and attractive building, inside and out.

Free entry. Spare 30 minutes for this site.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

This is a great historical place. We were shown first the video of the significance of the place, then we went upstairs to see the room of Juan Luna. The bed of Juan Luna lies in his room. As we went down thru the original main stairs, we can see the ancient source of water, which is still used up to this day.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Been to the Ilocos Region numerous times but not in the last 9 years. Either I missed this one in previous trips or it was put up in 2007 onwards.

This site is an ideal history-related tourist attraction for me: compact size with the best highlights/facts of the person's life presented in a visually appealing way. The guides were not ignorant ones but ones who know what they are talking about (I am a history buff so I know when someone is just making things up or recites from an incorrect source).

Definitely worth a stop and a some good thinking after. Wish the concerned government agency running this (NCCA or NHI or another, I forgot which) would have more of this type of attraction.