4,139 results
All reviews wilshire tower trader vics cabana room oasis tower golden globes rodeo drive self parking iconic hotel pool area lobby bar santa monica per day red carpet junior suite an upgrade coffee maker standard room
Reviewed 8 September 2008

For the first time we stayed at”BH” before renovation, in 2004 – at that time I paid my attention at rooms around the pool and decided to book it for our next visit to L.A. When I started to prepare a trip to U.S. this August, I was more than happy when I managed to book a cabana room on-line (it appears very seldom on-line, I don’t know – why) on the base of bed & breakfast. Even after rebooking (we decided to prolong our stay in L.A.), when cabana rooms were offered without breakfast, I didn’t change it : those rooms seemed to be so attractive! Too bad I was mistaken! We arrived in the evening, when there was a kind of a party going on around the pool, a huge screen was blinking, showing something repetitively annoying, “Trader’s Vick” (now open only on a pool deck) seemed also fully packed. In general an atmosphere was quite glamorous, but definitely not for guests, who just had a 14-hour transatlantic flight! It turned out that the pool is the most noisy place in “BH” – screams and chatters were lasting till dawn. During the day the pool was extremely packed – every time we would return to our room - our patio, table and chairs were occupied by other persons, and it was all the time despite of desperate attempts of the pool-boys to “restore order”. Another disappointment was the room itself. After “multi-million dollars renovation” it could be luxurious, but it was plain, quite small with tiny bathroom. I also regretted that I did not purchase the bed and breakfast package after our breakfast check had arrived – it was almost $100 for simple a-la carte stuff like coffee+eggs+orange juice. Next morning we had a breakfast at “The Blvd” (Beverly Wilshire hotel) – perfect “benedicts”, nice presentation and service, view on Rodeo Drive for the same amount. Nevertheless, the interiors of new “BH” are great, especially old, uncommon photos of great movie-stars. It was very nice to have it around. Next time I’d choose a type of accommodation more carefully.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2008

We used Hilton points to book one night at the hotel and we were so impressed. Not only did we get a luxurious room on the 7th floor with a wraparound balcony but the hotel itself was just awesome. The pool was great, too.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Wonderful hotel, thoroughly enjoyed our stay! staff extremely helpful - could not fault it.
Excellent location to see the sights of LA.
Our room was really gorgeous and exactly what we expected from the Beverley Hilton - we were not dissapointed.
Have already recommended to friends and will be back!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 August 2008

This was a "terrible" experience for my family. We stayed at the Universal City Hilton, and appreciated our stay there. But the Beverly Hilton has fallen below the standards I experienced on a previous business trip. We were given a Cabana room (with dated decor, bad smell, broken bathroom utilities, chipped door/entry etc). It is a shame that I used so many travel points for a room that was inferior to a Super 8 Motel. I frequently "used" Hilton on business to receive points to use on family vacations; however, I am now contemplating switching to Marriott. Again, this was a miserable experience for my family, and I found myself repeatedly apologizing to them for the situation. Any accommodations they provide "cannot" replace a yearly family vacation that has already occurred!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank TGSUs
Reviewed 21 August 2008

I recently completed a 3 night stay in June. The hotel is awesome. As it might not be as classy as the Penisula or the Beverly Hills Hotel, it is a great hotel. As a diamond, I got bumped up to a incredible sweet. My room over looked the hills of Beverly. My suites was great. The bathroom was huge. The room at a 50 inch plasma with HD channels (a rarity in hotels these days), a plasma in the bathroom and a nice bose radio alarm clock. During turndown service the maid turned on jazz really low, which was a nice touch. The service is excellent throughout the property from check-in to the servers by the pool.

The pool is great and has some late night music on the weekends. When you sit down by the pool they bring you free bottles of Fiji water (nice touch). The atmosphere around the pool is great. I felt like the crowd at the pool varied from families to young adult. The only negative about the pool is that they do NOT have enough chairs for all hotel guests. So either get there early enough (9 or 10) if its busy or tip one of the assitances by the pool.

The food and drinks at the hotel are very expensive (but what do you expect). I cocktail cost around 15 and a burger around 15, but everything was very good.

If you are a diamond member, this hotel really treats you good. They gave me a suite when I used reward points (a rarity) and provided me with a few coupons for free drinks and things like that.

The hotel shuttle is a BWM 750 and will drive you anywhere within 3 miles. I think it is only for certain guests, but if you are gold or diamond I am sure that you can use it. It is free to use, you just need to tip him. As it was free I gave him $5 each time I used it. You can even call them to pick you up.

Best hilton I have ever stayed in and I travel 75 nights a year.

Keep in mind when booking this hotel that it is NOT the beverly hills hotel or bevery wilshire but is a very nice and recently remondled hotel.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend the hotel to all my family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business