The Peninsula Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 322*
SixtyHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 601*
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Beverly Hilton(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 373*
USD 322*
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 543*
  • Room Service
The Beverly Hills Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 717*
USD 702*
  • Pool
Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 362*
  • Pool
Hotel Beverly Terrace(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 279*
  • Breakfast included
Sirtaj Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 269*
USD 261*
USD 768*
USD 688*
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 381*
USD 292*
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspillow casesbelvedere restaurantroof gardenrolls royceclub barroom servicerodeo driveliving roomfrench doorslos angeleshouse carcar servicefour seasonsconcierge servicefive star hotelhome away from homefavorite hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Having stayed at several of Peninsulas properties, I must say that I have only been disappointed once: New York (dated and a not up the service-level expected from a Peninsula hotel). Peninsula Bangkok had been my favorite, but after this stay, I must say that its pushed to the second spot! The hotel provided us (my daughter and myself) with great service and a fantastic stay. Its a feeling of a 5 star boutique hotel where people at the font desk and the concierge remembers your name and they can really do wonders like getting you into the cool restaurant that tourists (a label I dislike) like me have a problem getting bookings to on short notice. Location is spot-on, and the roof top pool is very nice and decent sized with great views. My room was not ready when we came (we came early from Europe) but the hotel sat us down in the bar with complimentary drinks while they found another room and checked us in early. Very impressed with the whole experience!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Gudleiv
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The Penisula Beverly Hills has been a favorite for us. My first time back in over 2 years & it's still service at it's best. My trip was short & I was not able to take advantage of the few of things I love at the B.H. Penisula like the spa, a cabana at the rooftop pool my absolute favorite & the "Tea" such a treat. I did enjoy the The Club Bar before & after our night out.

Room Tip: This trip I stayed in a deluxe room. But I do know the Best Rooms are the Villa's they are beautiful & spacious & set in a beautiful courtyard. Quiet place in town.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My husband and I live in Newport Beach but wanted to have a little LA getaway this past weekend, so we brought our 100 pound Ridgeback and stayed for our first time at the Peninsula for a Saturday night. We completely agree that the Peninsula feels more like a small boutique residential property than a true hotel and we absolutely loved our visit. This was our first overnight stay at a Peninsula, as we usually have stayed at comparable Four Seasons, Ritz Carleton, Mandarin Oriental, and other such properties around the world. We were definitely impressed!

We arrived just before noon, and we departed the next afternoon at about 2 pm, as the hotel had confirmed us for early check in and late check out. We had booked a deluxe room but were upgraded to a garden patio king room, which was perfect for our dog. The room was spacious with beautiful French country style mentioned in other reviews, and the bathroom was also nicely sized. The outdoor patio was small but nice, and it had a gate leading out to a path in the middle of the property that led to a private entry/exit which was superbly convenient for us taking our dog for a walk.

We arrived in the room and found a great sized dog bed big waiting for us, along with a food bowl with a bag of dog food and a water bowl with a bottle of Fiji water waiting, along with an adorable blanket embroidered with our dog's name. Nice touch.

The hotel has a fairly large number of rooms but definitely felt more like a high-end luxury apartment complex in some ways. Definitely more a boutique feel as mentioned above.

Service was outstanding for our entire visit, as one would expect, polished and friendly while not intrusive in the slightest. Everyone, from the restaurant servers to the concierge staff to the valets to the front desk staff, was incredibly nice and happy to help. Despite the fact that we were at a Peninsula, where we might expect a more formal feel, there was definitely that Los Angeles relaxed vibe that we appreciate so much as residents of Southern California.

Some reviews had mentioned the location as not as convenient as other hotels, but we easily walked the 7 or 8 blocks to Rodeo Drive and the shopping center of Beverly Hills. We found the location to be quite perfect, as the hotel is located in a very residential neighborhood, but the commercial/shopping areas were a quick walk away.

We had a quick lunch in their rooftop restaurant, and the food was delicious (and prompt, since we had a limited time before I had to watch a game on TV). We quickly checked out the pool deck and wished we had brought swimsuits, as it looked quite inviting and spacious for a hotel this size in the middle of the city...with great views looking out to downtown and Century City.

We met 8 friends in the hotel bar that Saturday night for a few hours before leaving for a late dinner at Providence. The bar was crowded, but the bar staff went out of their way to help us rearrange tables as our friends arrived, one by one, and couldn't have been more gracious and smooth in making it all work out. What could have been a problematic experience turned out to be a highlight of our weekend, actually. Drinks were pricey, but we expect that at a hotel like this.

We would absolutely return for a full weekend in the future. We can certainly understand the sentiment expressed by so many that this feels like a home away from home more than just a 5 star hotel. Bravo, Peninsula!

Room Tip: If you have a dog, it's worth considering the patio rooms as they give you direct access to the private entries/exits without having to walk through the main lobby if you want to avoid that. But we often walked through the main lobby and had no troubles, even with our large dog, so you can't really go wrong.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill R
ThePeninsulaBH, General Manager at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Tar Heel Bill 92,

Thank you for selecting The Peninsula Beverly Hills for your recent LA getaway. Your detailed feedback and compliments are truly appreciated by our entire staff. We absolutely love to pamper dogs at our hotel, and I'm so happy that you (and your dog) enjoyed the special in-room pet amenities as well as the convenience of the patio deluxe room.

Thank you also for your kind words about the service, Roof Garden restaurant and Club Bar. I'm delighted that we were able to exceed you and your husband's expectations and provide you with such a wonderful stay.

We definitely hope to welcome you back for a longer stay in the future. If you're looking for more privacy, you (and your dog) might enjoy staying in our detached garden villas next time.

Kindly,

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Have just returned from a short stay at this Hotel with my Wife. It was our first time here and we were very, very impressed. The service is possibly the best we have received any where in the world. We were welcomed by the staff and nothing was to much trouble. I am aware that in the usa the staff work for tips but we found all the staff to be genuinely helpful and friendly. we made use of the hotel rooftop pool and spa. The rooms we stayed in was a good size and had all that you need on a trip away from home.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
ThePeninsulaBH, General Manager at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear JamesPatten,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to California. I am delighted that you and your wife had such an enjoyable stay at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, and that our staff was able to exceed your expectations.

We are grateful for your feedback and hope to see you here again soon.

Best,

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Beautiful and spacious room, excellent and friendly staff, delicious room service dinner plus good location. One of my all time favorite hotels.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

Dear majava,

Thank you so much for your complimentary review of The Peninsula Beverly Hills. I'm honored to hear that you are such a big fan of our property.

We hope you'll come visit us in Beverly Hills again soon!

Kind regards,