“Excellent food & ambience”
Review of Spice Affair

Spice Affair
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice Affair is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 361 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Price range: USD 7 - USD 44
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Beverly Hills
Description: Welcome to Spice Affair Indian Restaurant in Los Angeles where we celebrate the wedding of traditional Indian spices with organic food & ingredients. Located in the heart of Beverly Hills famous "Restaurant Row", Spice Affair invites you to discover a fine dining experience like none other. Our exotic menu features traditional cuisine of India highlighted by numerous vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options. Indulge in a culinary affair of flavors, spices and experience the new face of Indian cuisine at Spice Affair.
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We visited spice affair 3 times during our 4 day LA trip and the experience was great everytime. Food was delicious, setting was superb and staff goes out of their way to accommodate every request.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

First good sign: on a Sunday night, there were two immense tables of Indian families celebrating special occasions. Also, a local Indian caterer who makes delectable food suggested this restaurant to me. So, with confidence, I took some friends who'd recently returned from India and wanted to try something local and upscale. We were not disappointed. For appetizers, we had the Coco Cauliflower, which was crispy, rich and ingenious, and spicy artichoke hearts, also delicious. We then shared a lamb curry, spicy scallops, yellow dal, black lentils, and the fig and walnut dumplings. Each dish had a different twist on old favorites, nothing like I've had in the curry houses of London and other cities, but each unique and very tasty. I want to return to try each and every vegetable dish. We also enjoyed our cocktails, and a final note--the garlic nan was the best I've ever had. Highly recommend this place, but bring your wallet! It's pricey.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

If you've been to India and expect Spice Affair to give you an authentic experience, both in food and service, you will be disappointed. In fact, if you've been to your local favorite hole-in-the-wall Indian eatery, you might also be disappointed in Spice Affair. Spice Affair seems to want to be the ultimate in Indian cuisine, but it's more of a bland, Americanized or westernized version of Indian cuisine. The service was at times odd and far from what occurs in a high-end Indian restaurant (think Oberoi Hotels, for example). We were served a non-finger-food appetizer at the bar with no napkins and one fork for two people. At dinner, there was some fanfare with the server plating some of the food for us, but when it came to the most awkward part of serving two lobster tails, we were left with two forks (from a very cheap cutlery set) and the instructions were to just put it on our plates and pull the lobster meat out. Overall, the food was completely unremarkable. And, I've had butter chicken before. I've eaten butter chicken in Delhi and I even made butter chicken in a cooking class in Delhi, and my butter chicken beats Spice Affair's version by a longshot. And, I haven't even gotten to the prices... for my roughly $200 meal (with pretty good cocktails, I would have to admit), I could have had three far better meals at East India Grill, Indian Kitchen, or Bombay. I cannot recommend Spice Affair. It's not nearly exciting as any affair I've had. It's more like a bad, B-rated Bollywood movie that just didn't make the cut.

2  Thank mhb1954
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

We went here and really enjoyed the atmosphere , the decor is very soothing with the soft oil dripping panes and ambience decor . The menu had a good range of vegetarian dishes my favourite was bhelpuri with avocado . This is definitely a restaurant to visit and enjoy the Indian culinary taste.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Cosy, comfortable and good food. Well informed hostess was very helpful in deciding our menu. Especially recommend the tandoori artichoke kababs and the mushroom biryani. It was a great experience and recommend it for fine indian meal.