“Excellent food with garlic and great service”
Review of The Stinking Rose

The Stinking Rose
Reserve with OpenTable
The Stinking Rose is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 333 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Price range: USD 30 - USD 40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire Blvd.
Description: It’s chic to reek at this world famous dining mecca where they flavor the garlic with food. Colorful theme rooms & casual fun. The Stinking Rose - A Garlic Restaurant.
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I like coming to The Stinking Rose before the dinner crowd because it's less crowded and the service seems better.
Anyway, if you like garlic, this is the restaurant for you. The first thing you have to try is the garlic and fresh bread that is served before you order. It is good, but it is strong! Lucky for me, my date and I both love garlic so no one is penalized for eating all the garlic you want!
We then order our entrees and I chose the steak and she selected the steamed clams. Both are excellent! My steak is so tender and juicy. The broth and clams are so well seasoned and tasty! I recommend both.
The one thing that I have to warn you about is the the price of the booze. I ordered a beer with my steak, a large glass of Stella is 10 bucks. My girl choose a 13 dollar Neck Bite Tequila. Good, but expensive, so just be aware.
Great service! And Valet parking for $7.50.

Stephen L, General Manager at The Stinking Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thanks for the 4-star rating and review, Richard!

We're thrilled you had such a pleasant time with us! We strive to offer top-notch service alongside our delicious food. It's fantastic you enjoyed both so much!. That's what we like to see! We appreciate your valuable feedback.

We look forward to sharing an even better experience with you next time. Have a lovely day!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We all ordered the lasagna and it was fantastic. The sever was great as well. The decor a little cheesy,but I loved it. I need to get used to paying crazy valet prices when I feel the cost of my dinner should've paid the price :-(.

Stephen L, General Manager at The Stinking Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the 4/5 review. We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us! It's wonderful that you loved our delicious food, along with our top-notch service! We're also very pleased that our team provided you with friendly service!

We'd love to have you back again soon to share an even more positive experience with you. Have a great day!

Reviewed 20 August 2017

True, it has the feel of a franchise, which is unfortunate. But then I broke the humdrum and sat at the bar. The piano player - a perfect mix of heart and kitsch - was going at it. You can't help but surrender a bit. Started with the blood orange margarita. Okay. Too sweet. The Bagna Calda - could be so much better with the addition of some hot pepper flakes, or a spicier kind of garlic (I asked the waiter which classification of garlic was used. He seemed amazed that there are different kinds of garlic. A bit surprising in a restaurant which is all about garlic!) I had the Prime Rib (Lite Cut was perfectly big enough). While a bit fatty, it was delicious. The garlic mashed potatoes were okay. The spinach side seemed microwaved. But the service was attentive and friendly and once you adjust your expectations, it's a lovely enough experience.

Stephen L, General Manager at The Stinking Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, David.

It's great you had a pleasant experience with us. We're happy you enjoyed our Prime Rib and attentive service so much. However, we're disappointed your time with us was less than ideal and that you had such challenges with some other items on the menu. We care about the satisfaction of our guests so we'll be sure to address your concerns with our team moving forward.

We look forward to hosting you again soon for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Strange and wired restaurant form the inside
We've ordered there margarita pizza
And boneless meet i don't remember the exactly name of the order
But all of them so delicious and yummy
And also meatball spaghetti was nice
I think the restaurant a little bit expensive nice service.
From Saudi Arabia selam | سلام

Stephen L, General Manager at The Stinking Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for the great rating, Noura!

We are always working very hard to provide a high-quality experience for all of our guests. It's great to hear that you had a lovely experience with us! We hope you plan on visiting us again soon! We'd love to share an even better meal with you.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I dropped the kids off so we could have a nice dinner. We showed up on a Thursday evening and the place was empty (first bad sign). Then, they gave us a bad table. That's just stupid, when almost every table in the restaurant is open why would you fill up the worst tables 1st?! We saw the waiter 3 times, and we made sure we paid him before he brought the check, because we didn't know when we would see him again. My wife's Caesar salad was croutons out of a bag, chopped up romaine and iceberg lettuce and dressing. I could have gotten a better Caesar salad for $1.99 at Aldi or $8.00 at Wendy's. My meatloaf tasted like it came out of a pan from the frozen food section at Costco. Don't waste your time or money.

Stephen L, General Manager at The Stinking Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. We regret that your time with us was less than ideal. It's unfortunate our food and service didn't meet your expectations. We take issues and concerns very seriously. If we are unable to pinpoint your contact information from our dining records, a member of our team will reach out to you privately.

We do hope you give us another opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.