SIXTY Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 391
USD 245
SixtyHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 311/night.

The Peninsula Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 777
USD 669
  • Pool
The Beverly Hilton(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 301
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 295
  • Pool
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 601
USD 688
  • Pool
Montage Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 876
USD 748
  • Pool
Hotel Beverly Terrace(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 272
  • Breakfast included
The Beverly Hills Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 901
USD 528
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 697/night.

Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
USD 546
USD 421
  • Room Service
All reviewssister hotelboutique hotelparisian roomrooms are smallrodeo drivequiet streetsized bedsanta monica blvdresidential areahotel roomwest hollywoodbeverly hiltongishlilliannoirelevatorpeninsula
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I spent 5 nights at the Maison 140, and overall I was very pleased--much more so than some of the recent reviews would lead you to believe! The location is great--right off Rodeo Drive--and the parking is reasonable--$28 per day with in and out privileges--but the best point is the bed. The mattress has a pillow top, and the linens are a very high thread count, so it really does feel as if you are sleeping on a cloud. Lovely!

Yes, the room is small, but there is a nice-sized desk and enough closet space for the average traveler. I stayed in the room with my sister, and we both felt that there was enough space for two. This would NOT be a good hotel for children--there isn't enough space for all of the paraphernalia--but it's fine for one or two adults.

The bathroom is small but chic--all black and white and silver. There's a fridge in the closet, and there are large bottles of shampoo, soap, and cream rinse. The bathroom linens are a good quality.

The in-window air conditioner will be a problem for those who are used to central air. It's a bit noisy, but it's effective. If this is a deal-breaker, then look for another hotel. Also, the hallways are painted black. This wasn't a big issue for me--how much time do you spend in the hallways?--
but if you want light and bright, look elsewhere.

The hotel breakfast is perfectly fine for those who want yoghurt, lots of fresh fruit, good bread, and simple pastries. The coffee is delicious, and the wait staff willingly keeps your cup full. I'm not crazy about the little drum tables in the dining area; something a bit larger would make eating in the space more comfortable. We also had breakfast one morning at the sister hotel, the Mosaic. We spent $60 for two, including tax and tip. The food was good, but at this price, it wasn't an experience that we repeated.

Maison 140 guests have access to the Mosaic's pool, and we took full advantage of this perk. Again, this is a pool for adults; it's more about sitting around and reading or having some coffee or wine, rather than doing a vigorous workout. The vegetation is lovely, and I found this spot to be a wonderful oasis, especially early in the morning.

In sum, Maison 140 is an excellent value if this is the type of boutique hotel that you are looking for; if you want lots of space and a wide selection of breakfast items, then try the big, glitzy Bevery Hills hotels.

Room Tip: The larger rooms are more expensive. If you are on a budget, the 200 sq.ft. room is fine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NYView
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear NYView,

We're happy to see you not only enjoyed your stay at Maison 140 but also enjoyed some time poolside at Mosaic Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and provide tips to other travelers. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I got an extremely good weekend rate; if I had paid the regular rate, I'd probably be less positive about my stay.

Maison 140 is more of a B&B than a hotel, albeit one with an elevator and a bar and minus the free breakfast. The "front desk" is a table in a small lobby. I didn't care for the narrow dark hallways, otherwise, I thought the hotel was lovely. Loved that the bathroom toiletries were full size, rather than little bottles. My only issue was that the mini bar took up most of my closet. I never even considered the breakfast and just walked a block to Starbucks.

Before you book, be honest with yourself. If window unit A/C drives you crazy, this is not good choice. Do you typically eat a big, cooked breakfast at your hotel when on vacation? Then this is not the place for you. When you go to Paris do you complain about how small your room is the entire trip? I think you get the picture.

Room Tip: Even though I typically stay at boutique hotels, I was surprised at how small the room was when I opened up the door.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Callebaut,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and providing tips for future guests. We hope you'll return again soon and experience a full breakfast at our sister property, Mosaic Hotel. Maison 140 guests have the luxury of charging food and beverage back to their rooms while dining at Mosaic. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a poor hotel which I understand is at a lower price compared to other Beverly Hills Hotels

My advice is that you don't stay here unless you are on a budget and need to stay in Beverly Hills

Minor (tolerable issues include):

Poor Breakfast - I would not pay for this
Hookers in the Bar
You need to pay for parking which is not clear on the website at $28/day
Poor quality finish and decor
Very noisy Air conditioning
Room is a bit Smelly
Very Small bathroom - in fact you can,t open or close the door with the toilet seat down - so there is a 10 point procedure you need to follow to use the toilet
1 Open the door before it hits the toilet seat
2 Lean down and reach into the bathroom to lift the toilet seat and lid
3 Open the door and enter the bathroom
4 You may need to open the shower door and use shower room space to close the bathroom door
5 Close the toilet Seat
6 Use the toilet
7 Lift the toilet seat
8 Open the bathroom door
9 Lean back into the bathroom when the door is about 6 inches from closing to lower the toilet lid and seat
10 Close the bathroom door

On the positive side the staff are OK and helpful

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Bryan H,

Thank you for your review and feedback of your recent stay at Maison 140. You'll be happy to know we have reassessed our continental breakfast and will soon be changing our menu. We are pleased to see you found the staff to be helpful.

Best,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Can't beat the location, with a short walk to rodeo drive. Set in a lovely residential area of Beverly Hills very quiet. The hotel was a bit dark, a lot of black decoration made it feel a bit like a brothel. The room was very small, which for us with a big suitcase made it very cramped. Would consider staying again if on my own but not as a couple. The lady on the front desk didn't make us feel welcome, no personality, no smile and seemed bored. Maybe she's one of the many struggling actor wannabes in the city having to work until they become a star! Parking was expensive too which would be the major reason for not staying here again as you definitely need a car in LA although other hotels in the area charge for parking so I guess it comes with the territory.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarcWins

Dear MarcWins,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Maison 140 Hotel. We're glad to see you enjoyed the location of our hotel. We have addressed the personality issue with all staff and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. If you consider us for future visits, I would recommend our Mandarin room which will provide quite a bit more space than our more petite King or Queen rooms.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Comfortable and well decorated hotel with a boutique feel.
Well positioned, with near by restaurants, public transport and the hop on hop off tourist bus a short walk. Not far at all from rodeo drive. Nice little bar area, with good cocktails. Breakfast nice and reasonable price. would recommend if you want to stay at a good small boutique hotel and explore LA. Only criticism is that the AC is really noisy.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam R

Dear Adam R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay at Maison 140. We appreciate your feedback regarding the AC unit. Our Engineering Department continues to work on maintaining and replacing our current units. We hope you'll consider us for any future visits to the LA area.

Best,