All reviewsrooftop poolmineral poolrodeo drivelaguna beachroom servicecomplimentary champagnerolls royceimpeccable servicefour seasonsrestaurants and shopsturn down servicerooms are spacioushouse carcar servicefive star hotelamazing hotellos angeles
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Tried to visit the £10 lounge, and was denied access. Bad for business, will divert my colleagues to Beverly Wilshire. Snobs like them are on thin ice, very little value to the world behind their thin veil of exclusivity. Poor form...............................................

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank DayTripper999999
Todd O, General Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Dear DayTripper,

I will send you a personal note and would like to understand more. Please accept my apology for something like this occurring. I will get to the bottom of it with you.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

I do not know where to begin with this hotel review. We arrived at the Montage on the third part of our dream honeymoon, having just stayed at the Montage in Maui and the Four Seasons in Bora Bora so far everything had been nothing but a dream.

To begin with upon checking in we were greeted with a very unhelpful un-talkative gentleman who made no conversation with us let alone make any effort welcoming us or establishing the reason for our visit or stay. He was quick to tell us we were early for check in and they would find us when the room was ready. However no one came to find us and it was past check in time so we had to go and find out at reception ourselves, not the expected service considering this is a 5 star hotel and their Hotel in Maui is beyond amazing and exceeds all expectations of a 5 star hotel experience.

The only good service we had was from Andrea at the concierge desk who assisted us book our excursion and Mark who advised us on places to eat.

The absolute icing on the cake was on the day we left, having only visited for 3 days we were off to the last leg of our honeymoon. We had checked out and left our baggage with the hotel since our flight was not until later in the afternoon. We then booked a taxi and asked the concierge to bring our luggage. The bell boy advised that he would bring the luggage and load the taxi for us, so we proceeded to get out of the heat and into the taxi. Having made a 40 minute taxi ride to the airport and on off loading the taxi we realised my wife's suitcase was missing. This is when our horror struck.

I called the hotel immediately and spoke to Highland who apologised for the mistake in not loading all our suitcases and offered to send the suitcase by UPS for the next day. I explained we needed the suitcase as my wife had some very important items in her luggage as well as the fact that we were only at our next destination for two short days. We had a very early morning (6am) excursion booked for the next day and the offer of sending the bag the next day was just not good enough. For the first time on our dream honeymoon we were both considerably distressed and very upset not just with their error but with their lack of going the extra mile to fix their mistake. I asked Highland if they can send the suitcase via a taxi and we could possibly still make our flight to which he had a very relaxed response of telling me the taxi company are busy and it could take up to three hours!! The hotel was only 40 minutes away! At most in traffic I cannot imagine it taking three hours. There was such a lack of empathy and action taken to help us. Highland advised me he would call me as soon as he has arranged a taxi and will keep me posted on how long this will take. However he did not call me once and there was no urgency for him to help advising us that the taxi firm will send someone in an hour from Beverley hills and then it will take a further possible two hours. With a very upset emotional new wife, and a honeymoon that had gone from perfect to a horror, I took it upon myself to call a taxi to pick up the suitcase, the Montage kindly forgot to load.
I only wish I had done this sooner as the taxi company were there at the hotel in minutes of booking to collect the case. It took the taxi 1 hour to get to us and we missed our flight. The airline we had booked with had no spaces for later flights, we had no choice to delay our flight to the next day as I had booked a surprise excursion the next morning to the Grand Canyon. We had no choice but to book flights with another Airline and were out of pocket because of the montage's error. Our original flight to our destination cost us £154, the taxi to bring our case was £19, new flights cost us £ 316 and the emotional distress on the most memorable trip of our lives is something we cannot put a value on.
Montage in beverley Hills you really should take some learnings from your hotel in Maui, there service is second to none. We did not even hear back from Highland as to how we managed to proceed with our trip after their unforgivable mistake.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Sandybains
Todd O, General Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Dear Sandybains,

I am disheartened to learn of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and offer my deepest apologies for not delivering the expected service, especially for such a special occasion. I would certainly like to follow up with you and discuss further as we want to re-earn your trust and faith. Please find my contact information below and reach out anytime; I look forward to hearing from you soon.

torlich@montagehotels.com
949.295.9248 (cell)

Reviewed 25 June 2016

Best hotel in LA that combines the property, staff, amenities, and location. They have it all at The Montage. Rooms are very nice, though the noise factor in the hallway could be addressed because the room door has a gap from the floor to the base of the door. Nicely-appointed with large flat screen tvs. Very comfortable beds and beautiful bathrooms. Fitness center is superb too. Staff is commensurate with expectations, especially valet. 9th floor restaurant by the pool is very pricy but worth the experience.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

The Montage is what The Beverly Wilshire thinks it is . The service rivals The Four Seasons Maui. The property is in stellar condition. The location is the epicenter of Beverly Hills. The poolside food is actually good. I could not have been happier with the experience.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Todd O, General Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Dear Farhad M,

Thank you so much for letting us know of your experience at Montage Beverly Hills! We really enjoy what we do and are especially honored when we can make someone happy. I'm also thrilled to hear the location worked for you and that you enjoyed your time at The Rooftop.

Please let me know when you do come back, I would love to stop by and say hello!

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

The Montage is located with lots to do around it. Clean hotel, good gym, good space and staff were attentive. The downside to our stay was that we were not told upon booking that the restaurant and bar were undergoing renovation and the air conditioning in our room would not go below a set temperature and it was too hot to sleep at night. The hairdryer was useless and took me a good 20 minutes to use! The rooftop pool/bar was average but did get a lot of sunlight which is good.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Shelley C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit. I appreciate your compliments of our facilities and staff, and am so glad to hear our location worked for you.

I do apologize our restaurant and bars were going under renovation and that you were not able to experience them during your stay. I am also sorry to hear about the air conditioning in the room and that it felt too hot to sleep at night. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you visit so I can personally oversee your reservation. Thank you again for taking the time to provide a review and we look forward to welcoming you back.