“Great Food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 15 December 2014 via mobile

If your just looking to have some great food this place definitely has it. I wouldn't recommend it if your looking for a nice romantic meal or a looking for a place with a view. Hot tea was served right away with out ordering it and I loved that. It was lacking ambiance but that's it. Great food and decent service.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

There are a number of Chinese restaurants on or near Shattuck Avenue in downtown Berkeley, and some of them are, well, of questionable quality, to put it gently. This one is great, and definitely the pick of the selection in this part of town. My wife and I first had a meal here in 1986, and since then have dined here on other trips to Berkeley, including for banquets arranged here when we lived in Berkeley about a dozen years ago. All of the meals have been quite good, and the service attentive and helpful. I recommend it highly.

3  Thank AnnArborMiBob
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We came here with a relative who lives locally. The dishes we ordered were all very good especially the Sichuan dishes (I do like spicy food though!). My wife ordered vegetarian dishes which were also excellent. The service was good and all the staff very friendly. I would happily retun for another meal next time I am in the area.

4  Thank emnjnee
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Last night before theater at Berkeley Rep, 4 of us shared dinner at Mandarin Garden. It was good- But I feel we didn't order very well. There were many Chinese dining at the restaurant and the dishes they ordered looked superb.

The Sizzling seafoood dish was very good. The Onion Cake should be called onion cookie. It was a thick mass of dough and not at all as it should have been.

We will try again when we are in less of a hurry and more willing to take input from our waitperson. But for now- we must say it was OK but not better than that.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Surprisingly good Asian restaurant, especially for vegetarian options but huge variety overall. Excellent value, plenty of seating, super friendly service. Modestly packaged operation that would put the shame to many much more upscale operations.

4  Thank JRSTravel