“Delightful dinner”

Julia's at the Berkeley City Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Julia's at the Berkeley City Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 793 Restaurants in Berkeley
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, French, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ellsworth Street
Transit: AC Transit, 1 mi. from Downtown berkeley BART
Description: Julia's at the Berkeley City Club is a French restaurant located in Berkeley, CA, led by Executive Chef, Fabrice Marcon. Our inspiration at Julia's begins with the bounty of seasonal produce and artisan products available to us in the Bay Area and highlighting those products with classic and modern techniques. Combined with our beautiful atmosphere and refined service, we look to create a memorable dining experience to all of our guests. Lunch: Tuesday - Friday, 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday, 5pm - 8:30pm Lounge Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 4:30pm - 8pm
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Simply superb--perfect meal, elegant presentation, great service, fine wine all in an elegant setting. Don't miss it!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We went here on our first day in Berkeley and were happily surprised! The staff is super friendly and relaxed. The place itself is like a room in a castle (so don’t dress too casually!) but the food... WOW! Absolutely fantastic. ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Was the night before my birthday. Exhausted from flying from London the day before and to LA and back that day i decided good to get out and not eat hotel food. Julia's looked great so i made a reservation for 8:30. Enough time to land from LA quick shower and out. Checking my phone at LAX i see a voicemail from the restaurant. They had availability at 7:30 if i was interested. I wasn't. Landing 90 minutes later there are 3 further missed calls from Julia's. On the taxi ride from SFO they called twice more so i finally picked up cuz this was weird. Would i like to come in at 7:30. I said i wouldn't. They said was i sure. I said yes. She then paused and said. Well our last reservation is at 7:30 and then we have to wait a whole hour for just you. I said ok. I can't make it by 7:30. She paused again. So i helped her out. I said would you rather i cancel than make you wait. She said that would be great. Before i had even hung up i got a notice from opentable that i was canceled. Glad you all got to leave early. I got to eat Hyatt hotel food.

1  Thank Mleaney
Reviewed 7 August 2018

First of all, I feel like I'm in eating in a castle in Europe. The restaurant is in the Berkeley City Club, built by Julia Morgan. The atmosphere is beautiful and the food is good.

I've eaten lunch and dinner, both were great.

This is a place to go for a special occasion, date night or if you want a great dinner.

I plan on returning again and again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Have been living France for a bit while back to ten years ago, always miss French food.
Occassionaly be here in Julia's, was really satisfied for this experience, the smile of service, the natural of food mix with shining from cooker. Great we have chance be there, just like in France, a great 3 hour dinner time. I will drive 1hour for this next time in bay area.