“Still so wonderful ”

Iron Gate Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Iron Gate Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Belmont
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ralston Ave.
Transit: cal-train Belmont Station 3 blocks. Samtrans 1 block
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

It’s been a couple of years since I’ve been back for dinner at the Iron Gate and I was not disappointed. Still as good as I remembered.
The Caesar salad is still the best I’ve ever had. The Steak Diane Flambé was wonderful, as usual, and the “show” with the preparation right at your table was spectacular! And to end it with the Soufflé Grand Marnier ! Another memorable dinner at the Iron Gate

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Table for 8 with a 'relaxing' atmosphere that took 3 hours. When service was provided it was old school and very good. Gaps between siting ordering and each portion of the meal were long. Waiter very knowledgeable about the menu and works to serve when paying attention to "your" table. Meals are ala carte. Minestrone soup was warm not hot, Salmon was good not great and it was a special. Others at our table stated that the veal was excellent. Throughout the restaurant Flambe meals at tables was entertaining. Be careful where you sit. Staff consistently bumped my chair walking between tables, almost thought I was a target. I rated the service as average as the wait staff seemed understaffed, when attending to the table the service was good, but 3 hours was a bit much as a couple of tables came and went for second seatings during our stay. Food was not hot when delivered telling me that it must have sat in the kitchen awaiting table delivery.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

A return visit yielded another great dinner. The Iron Gate serves a classical French and European menu with outstanding service. A number of the dishes are cooked on a rolling cart at your table- great entertainment when the brandy etc are lit. Experienced friendly wait staff takes excellent care of you.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I like table-side service and they did a good job, but comparing to the quality I've experienced around the world they fall short in taste, presentation, and quality. I think they could use some local competition to step up a notch - I could tell that waiters are well capable of that, so is the chef. Food was OK but lacking in full flavor that would want me to come back.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This is a classic old time Italian - French restaurant if you're looking for well dressed waiters with a support staff that is outstanding, this place is for you. Our waiter was part of a 3 person team, attentive but not hovering. They certainly knew what they were doing and we'll well coordinated. This is a old fashioned French Italian restaurant. If if you're looking for old fashioned and elegance. This is a must go to place.

Our waiter engaged with us knew the menu and specials. He even got special wine glasses for us. We had an excellent abalone appetizer that wasn't overpowered by allowing sauces. Thus the subtle flavor of the abalone was spot on. Our house salad for 2 was tossed at the table with mixed greens, bay shrimp, avocado, and a perfect lite dressing, that again was not overpowering. My wife had the provimi veal special with artichoke hearts and marsala wine. I had the Petrali sole special almondine, both excellent! It was a wonderful evening. I always feel great when the Mrs. Is very happy with a perfect evening !